Creates a 3D solid or surface by sweeping an object around an axis. Find. Open profiles create surfaces and closed profiles can create either a solid or a surface. The MOde option controls is a solid of surface is created.
How do you use revolve?
Using the Revolve Tool
- Select a sketch.
- Click Revolve from the mini toolbar or the Shapes group.
- Select an axis for the revolve.
- Select Solid from the dashboard.
- Specify to revolve from a sketch plane by a specified angle value.
- Edit the angle to 180.
- Click Flip Direction.
- Click Thicken Sketch.
What is Loft command in AutoCAD?
The loft command in AutoCAD is used to create 3D solid or surface. The 3D solid or surface is formed within the space between various cross sections. The cross-sections determine the outer shape of the solid or surface.
What is sweep command in AutoCAD?
Creates a 3D solid or 3D surface by sweeping a 2D object or subobject along an open or closed path. Find. Open-ended objects create 3D surfaces, while objects that enclose an area can be set to create either 3D solids or 3D surfaces.
How do you use the revolve command in Solidworks?
- Create a new 2D sketch.
- Create all solid sketch geometry on one side of the axis.
- Choose Revolve Boss/Base from the features menu.
- Pick the axis you wish to use for the revolve.
- Specify direction and angle.
- Accept the Feature.
How do you extrude in AutoCAD?
To Create a 3D Solid by Extruding
- If necessary, on the status bar click Workspace Switching and select 3D Modeling. Find.
- Click Solid tab > Solid panel > Extrude. Find.
- Select the objects or edge subobjects to extrude.
- Specify the height.
What does the revolve tool do?
⚠️ This tool is available to all users. You can create solids such as sphere, cylinders, and cones by revolving faces or closed sketches with the Revolve tool. Not only that, but you can also create helical objects by adding height to your revolved sketch or face.
What are the 3d commands in AutoCAD?
- 3DMOVE (Command)
- 3DORBIT (Command)
- 3DROTATE (Command)
- 3DSCALE (Command)
- BOX (Command)
- CONE (Command)
- CONVTOMESH (Command)
- CONVTONURBS (Command)
What is a loft in engineering?
Loft, in architecture, upper space within a building, or a large undivided space in a building used principally for storage in business or industry.
How do you shell in AutoCAD?
- Click Home tab Solid Editing panel Solid Edit drop-down Shell. Find.
- Select the 3D solid object.
- Select one or more faces to be excluded from shelling and press Enter.
- Specify the shell offset distance. …
- Press Enter to complete the command.
How do you make a loft in AutoCAD?
Start loft command and select the three circles in the lofting order from bottom to the top and press enter. Now select the guides option from the command line and select both splines from the geometry. You will notice a lofted geometry which follows the guide curve as shown in the image below.
How do I bring up the menu bar in AutoCAD?
- At the top-left of the application window, on the right end of the Quick Access toolbar, click the drop-down menu Show Menu Bar.
- At the Command prompt, enter MENUBAR. Enter 1 to display the menu bar.
How do you sweep in Autodesk Inventor?
Sweep a Profile Along a Path
- Sketch a profile and path on intersecting planes. …
- Click 3D Model tab Create panel Sweep . …
- In the Sweep dialog box, click Profile and then select the profile to sweep. …
- With the Path selection tool, select a 2D sketch, 3D sketch, or edges of geometry.