How do I change the feature tree in Solidworks?
Right-click on the top-level part or assembly in the Feature Tree. Select the option “Tree Display” from the menu. Select the options that best suit how you want the tree to look.
How do you rearrange trees in Solidworks?
To open the Move Tree dialog box, select the file and click Tools > Move Tree.
- Include simulation: Moves SOLIDWORKS Simulation results associated to the selected files.
- Preserve relative paths: Keeps the paths of references relative to the moved parent file, creating a folder structure as needed.
How do I reorder parts in Solidworks assembly?
Editing Assembly Structure
- Click Tools > Reorganize Components.
- Select the components that you want to move, either in the FeatureManager design tree or in the graphics area. …
- Click the Destination assembly box, then click the appropriate assembly icon in the FeatureManager design tree. …
- Click Move.
Where is feature manager in SOLIDWORKS?
The FeatureManager design tree on the left side of the SOLIDWORKS window provides an outline view of the active part, assembly, or drawing. This makes it easy to see how the model or assembly was constructed or to examine the various sheets and views in a drawing.
How do I change the command manager in SOLIDWORKS?
To access the CommandManager:
- Click Tools > Customize.
- On the Toolbars tab, select Enable CommandManager.
- Click OK.
How do I use Solidworks pack and go?
To access Pack and Go:
- In SOLIDWORKS, click File > Pack and Go.
- In File Explorer or SOLIDWORKS Task Pane File Explorer, right-click a SOLIDWORKS document and click SOLIDWORKS > Pack and Go .
How do you copy a tree in Solidworks?
To perform a Copy Tree, open the PDM vault and navigate to the folder or top-level file you would like to copy, highlight it, select tools from the above toolbar, then select Copy Tree from the pop-out menu. The Copy Tree dialog box will then open, displaying the many options for your copy function.
How do you use property managers in SOLIDWORKS?
The PropertyManager appears on the PropertyManager tab in the panel to the left of the graphics area. It opens when you select entities or commands defined in the PropertyManager. You can choose whether it opens in other cases in Tools > Options > System Options > General .
How do you display a feature tree in SOLIDWORKS?
Right-click in the FeatureManager design tree and click Tree Display > Show Flat Tree View. In Flat Tree View, curves, 2D sketches, and 3D sketches are not absorbed into the features that reference them. Instead, they are shown in the order of creation.
How do I sort a BOM in Solidworks?
Saving Sort Settings as a BOM Property
Right-click a BOM table in an assembly or drawing. Set sort criteria for the table. For example, right-click a table column and click Sort. Under Sort Save, click Save current sort settings.