How do you delete part of an object in Solidworks?
Click the component in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree. Press the Delete key, click Edit > Delete, or right-click and select Delete.
What is envelope solidworks?
Envelopes enable you to select, show, or hide components based on their positions with respect to the envelope volume (inside, outside, or crossing).
How do I use envelopes in Solidworks?
Every existing part or assembly can be used as an envelope. You can even use virtual components.
To turn a model into an envelope:
- Open an assembly.
- Right-click a component (part or assembly) in the feature tree and select Properties.
- Set it as an envelope part in the bottom right corner.
How do you delete a parameter in Solidworks?
Click Defeature (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Defeature. For multibody parts or assemblies, select the Simplify Geometry method in the PropertyManager. For single-body parts, the PropertyManager opens to the To Keep page. Click Next until the To Remove page appears.
How do you delete a material in Solidworks?
To remove a material from a part: In a part document, right-click Material in the FeatureManager design tree and select Remove Material. Search ‘Removing a Material’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do you remove a cut Extrude in Solidworks?
Select a plane to define an extrude direction normal to the plane. To remove the faces defining the extrude from the model after extruding, click Delete original faces. The green area is the face defining the extrude.
What does envelope on drawing mean?
The envelope requirement means that the maximum (or minimum) allowable size for a part must be within the same range (or out of the same range) as the maximum size (or minimum size).
What is envelope in drawing?
An Envelope Drawing is a solid representing all positions of an object that is the basic technical data and performance requirements for development or design selection of an item.
What is a bounding box in Solidworks?
With the Bounding Box tool in Reference Geometry, you can create a box that completely encloses a model within a minimum volume. You can create a bounding box for a multibody, single body, or sheet metal part.
How do I delete a plane in Solidworks?
Sketch Plane References
- Select a parent feature that has a child feature. The child must be a sketch-based child, and the sketch must be dependent on the parent.
- Press the Delete key.
- In the dialog box, clear Also delete all child features, then click Yes. …
- Click Continue (Ignore Error) or Stop and Repair. …
- Click Close.
How do I Undefine a part in Solidworks?
Defeature – To Remove
- In a part or assembly, click Defeature (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Defeature.
- In the PropertyManager, click Next until the To Remove page appears.
How would you temporarily remove a feature from a model in Solidworks?
- Right-click the model containing an appearance to remove and on the context toolbar, click Appearances .
- Do one of the following: Click next to a face, feature, body, part, or component (assemblies only). The appearance is removed. If all appearances are deleted, the default appearance is used.