How do you use viewports in AutoCAD?
To Create a New Layout Viewport
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). …
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Insert View.
- Do one of the following: …
- Right click to display a list of scales and click one of them.
- Click to place the layout viewport on the layout.
How do you edit a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Modify Layout Viewport Properties Using the Properties Palette
- Click the border of the layout viewport whose properties you want to modify.
- Click View tab Palettes panel Properties. Find.
- In the Properties palette, select the value for the property you want to modify. Enter a new value or select a new setting from the list provided.
What is the Viewport command in AutoCAD?
Layout viewports are objects that display views of model space. You create, scale, and place them in paper space on a layout. On each layout, you can create one or more layout viewports. Each layout viewport is like a closed circuit TV monitor of a view of the model at a scale and orientation that you specify.
How do you isolate viewports in AutoCAD?
- Do one of the following: On the CADmep toolbar, click . …
- Click the Isolate Selected Objects in Viewport icon .
- Select the items you wish remain on the drawing.
- Right click or press Return to execute.
- All un-selected items should now be removed from view.
What is the purpose of viewports in AutoCAD?
Viewports are areas that display different views of your drawing and/or model. Layout viewports are objects that you can scale to display the view of your drawing on a layout tab for publishing and production.
What is the purpose of viewports?
Viewports allow you to create different views of the objects in your model space and display them on the printed page from different angles and at different scales.
How do I change the viewport size?
To Modify the Scale of a Layout Viewport
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.
How do I stretch a viewport in AutoCAD?
- Click the frame of the main viewport once to select it.
- Drag the blue squares to resize the viewport.
- Click again to set the new size. …
- To move an adjacent arrows after you resize the viewport, click the arrow once to select it.
How do you make a viewport?
- Click View tab Viewports panel New.
- In the Viewports dialog box, New Viewports tab, under Standard Viewports, select Single.
- Click to specify one corner of the new layout viewport.
- Click to specify the opposite corner. A new layout viewport object is available and displays a default view.
How do you show viewport in model space?
Click the – or + control, and then the Viewport Configuration List to change the number and arrangement of viewports. Press CTRL while dragging viewport boundaries to display the green splitter bar and create new viewports. Alternatively, you can drag the outermost splitter controls.
What is meant by viewport?
The viewport is the user’s visible area of a web page. The viewport varies with the device, and will be smaller on a mobile phone than on a computer screen. Before tablets and mobile phones, web pages were designed only for computer screens, and it was common for web pages to have a static design and a fixed size.
How do you use a viewport?
Use the viewport meta tag to improve the presentation of your web content. Typically, you use the viewport meta tag to set the width and initial scale of the viewport. For example, if your webpage is narrower than 980 pixels, then you should set the width of the viewport to fit your web content.
How do I change the isolate settings in AutoCAD?
To correct this, follow these steps:
- Start the Layer Isolate command.
- Enter S on the command line.
- Verify that the current setting is Lock and Fade.
- Enter O for Off.
- Modify the Viewport setting.
How do you isolate in AutoCAD?
To hide objects
- Select the objects in the drawing that you want to hide.
- Right-click, and click Isolate Objects Hide Selected Objects. Alternatively, you can click on the right side of the drawing window status bar, then click Hide Objects, and select the objects you want to hide.