How do I make two dimensions the same in Solidworks?
Double click the dimension, then in the Modify dialog box, type = (equal sign). You must enter the equal sign to assign a global variable to the dimension. If you do not enter the equal sign, you can create a new global variable, but it will not be assigned to the dimension.
How do you fix a dimension in Solidworks?
To set a fixed length:
- Select the spline to dimension.
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart Dimensions.
- Click anywhere on the spline to place the dimension and click. …
- Drag an endpoint of the spline.
How do I link dimensions between parts in Solidworks?
Linking Dimension Values Using Link Values
- Right-click the dimension and select Link Values.
- In the Shared Values dialog box, select or type a Name. In addition to the linked variable names you create, global variables are also available for selection under Name. …
- Click OK. …
- Repeat for as many dimensions as needed.
How do you center all dimensions in Solidworks?
To set the color, click Tools > Options > System Options > Colors. In Color scheme settings, select Dimensions, Non Imported (Driven). Select to center dimensions between extension lines. This option also selects Center Dimension in PropertyManagers that contain the Center Dimension option.
How do you make a dimension dependent on another dimension?
Double click the dimension, then in the Modify dialog box, type = (equal sign) and several characters of the global variable name. A flyout menu appears with a name that matches the characters you have typed. Both dimensions become linked to the global variable. Repeat for as many dimensions as needed.
How do I make two angles equal in Solidworks?
In sketcher go to TOOLS>RELATIONS and type “angle1=angle2” Substitute the “angle1” and “angle2” for the angle dimensions name. Make sure you got both angle dimensions on the sketch, so you know there name. For example: sd3=sd5 and hit ok. Now the angles will be equal.
How do I change the dangling dimension in SOLIDWORKS?
To set the color for dangling dimensions, click Tools > Options > System Options > Colors . Select Dimensions, Dangling in Color scheme settings. Click Edit, select a color, then click OK. Drag the dangling handle and reattach it to the correct sketch entity.
How do you change dimension to MM in SOLIDWORKS?
Go to Tools>Options>Document Properties>Units to change the units that are being used within the SOLIDWORKS design environment. There is also the units’ popup menu in the bottom right-hand corner of the SOLIDWORKS screen.
How do I change units in SOLIDWORKS 2019?
To set units options:
- Click Simulation > Options. …
- Under Unit system, select SI (International System of Units), English (U.S. Customary Unit System), or Metric (gravitational system of units).
- Under Units, select the desired units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
- Click OK.
How do you make a derived part in Solidworks?
To create a derived part from an assembly component:
- In an assembly document, select a component.
- Click File > Derive Component Part. …
- Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the seed component to be included in the derived part.
How do you use equations in Solidworks?
To add an equation in the Sketch Equation View:
- In an open sketch, do one of the following: …
- Select the Sketch Equation View .
- Under Sketch Equations, click an empty cell in the Name column.
- Click a dimension in the graphics area. …
- After = (equal sign), add a term to the equation by doing one of the following:
How do I change the smart dimension in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel, mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.