Why can’t I see my sketches in SolidWorks?
Having heard this issue from a few customers, it should be noted that the trick is that the sketch has to be set to “Hide” in the part level and then in the drawing level, that sketch could be set to “Show” for any specific drawing view.
How do you make a sketch visible?
By default, a sketch used to create a feature is not visible on the model. To make the sketch visible, right-click on it in the Model browser and select Visibility.
How do I show a sketch in SolidWorks drawing?
Inserting Sketch Picture in Drawings
- Click Sketch Picture. (Sketch toolbar) or Insert > Picture.
- In the Open dialog box, browse to an image file, then click Open.
- Select options in the Sketch Picture PropertyManager, then click. .
How do you show all sketch relationships in SolidWorks?
Click Tools > Sketch Settings, and toggle Automatic Relations. How do I toggle the display of sketch relations? (View toolbar) or View > Hide/Show > Sketch Relations to toggle the display of sketch relations.
Can you make a Solidworks drawing from a sketch?
You can create drawing geometry using 2D sketched geometry only, without reference to existing models or assemblies.
How do you hide drawings in Sketches in Solidworks?
Use the Hide/Show Edges PropertyManager to control edge display in drawings, including tangent edge display. You can show and hide model sketches in drawings. You can show all the hidden lines of selected features and components in drawing documents.
How do you show a construction line in Solidworks?
Click Construction Geometry. on the Sketch toolbar. Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Construction Geometry. Select the For construction check box in the PropertyManager.
How do I open an image in Solidworks?
Click Sketch Picture (Sketch toolbar) or Insert > Picture. In the dialog box, browse to an image file, then click Open.
How do I use autotrace?
To activate the Autotrace functionality, navigate to Tools > Add-ins and check the box that activates Autotrace. By not checking the box, the option in your Sketch toolbar won’t appear. Autotrace is then accessible when the Sketch tab is activated.
How do I convert a 3D image to Solidworks?
2D to 3D Conversion Overview
- In a part document, import a drawing into a sketch or construct a new sketch.
- Edit the sketch.
- Extract sketches for views from the Front, Top, and so on. The sketches fold up into the appropriate orientation.
- Align the sketches.
- Extrude the base feature.
- Cut or extrude other features.
How do I remove all relations from a sketch in SolidWorks?
(Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Relations > Display/Delete.
How do you break the parent/child relationship in SolidWorks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the top-level assembly, and click one or both of the Dynamic Reference Visualization (Parent) and Dynamic Reference Visualization (Child) options. Select a component that has external references. Click the circle and then click Break Reference .
How do I add a coincident relationship in SolidWorks?
How to Add a Coincident in SolidWorks
- Select a line, point, center line or temporary axis with the left mouse button. …
- Hold the “Control” key and select the second line, point or temporary axis by left-clicking it. …
- Click the “Coincident” button in the Add Relations section of the properties box.