How do you scale a line in Solidworks?
To scale a sketch:
- In an active sketch, click Modify Sketch. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Modify.
- In the dialog box, under Scale About, select one of the following: Option. Description. Sketch origin. …
- Type a value for Factor, and press Enter. You cannot scale a sketch that has external references.
- Click Close.
How do I change the scale of a drawing in Solidworks?
You can change the scale of a drawing sheet by selecting a scale from a predefined list or specifying a custom scale. To change the scale of an existing drawing sheet: In the status bar, click Sheet Scale and click a scale. If there are annotations in the drawing sheet, specify options in the dialog box and click OK.
How do I change the properties of a line in Solidworks?
To change the format of an existing edge or sketch entity:
- Select the edge or sketch entity you want to change. To select more than one entity at a time, hold Ctrl as you select.
- Click a tool on the Line Format toolbar and select a format from the menu. The new format is applied to the selected entities.
How do you change the line width in Solidworks?
To set line thickness:
- In a drawing, click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Line Thickness.
- In the dialog box, under Line thickness print settings, enter a value for the line weights (Thin, Normal, Thick, and five additional line thickness settings). …
- Click OK.
How do you change the scale of a drawing?
Task 1: Rescale a drawing, using the same unit
Start the scaling command with SC (or SCALE). Make a selection for the objects that need to be included in the scaling operation. Click in the drawing for the first point of the scaling base (base point). Type R to activate Reference scaling.
How do I add a scale bar in Solidworks?
To set scales:
- To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following: In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale. …
- To set the scale of a drawing view, do one of the following: For existing drawing views, select a view or views, then set the Scale in the PropertyManager.
How do I reduce the size of a Solidworks drawing?
Reduce drawing save time
- change the Display Style to Shaded (without edges), or.
- in SOLIDWORKS 2020 and 2021, disable System Options > Drawings > Performance > Include Detailing Mode data when saving.
How do I add a scale to a label in Solidworks?
Display Scale in Orthogonal Views
- In a drawing, click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, expand View Labels and click Orthographic.
- Select Show label if view scale differs from sheet scale.
- Click OK. Scale Displayed. Scale Not Displayed.
How do you change the scale on a sheet?
In the worksheet, click File > Print. Under Settings, click Custom Scaling > Custom Scaling Options. Click Page and in the Adjust to box, choose a percentage by which you want to increase or decrease the font size. Review your changes in Print Preview and—if you want a different font size—repeat the steps.
How do I edit lines in Solidworks?
Right-click on an existing section view or its cutting line and click Edit Cutting Line. For some complex section views created with SOLIDWORKS 2013, you must select an insertion point before you can modify them.
How do I remove a construction line in Solidworks?
To hide or show edges in a drawing:
- Click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the edges to hide (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click . …
- To show edges, click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the hidden edges highlighted in orange, (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click .
Where is the line format toolbar in Solidworks?
If you’re going to be making a lot of changes, it may be convenient to enable the Line Format toolbar by clicking on View > Toolbars > Line Format. You’ll not only have access to the tools mentioned above but layers as well.
How do I show a construction line in Solidworks?
on the Sketch toolbar. Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Construction Geometry. Select the For construction check box in the PropertyManager.
How do I draw a line in Solidworks drawing?
To sketch a line:
- Click Line. …
- In the Insert Line PropertyManager under Orientation, select one of the following: …
- Under Options, select: …
- Under Parameters, you can do the following, based on the Orientation: …
- Click in the graphics area and sketch the line. …
- Complete the line in one of the following ways: