In which tab is mate command in SOLIDWORKS?
Each Mate requires you to select two (or more) faces, edges, or vertices on separate parts to build a constraint holding those parts together. Access the Mate dialog by clicking the Mate button in the assembly tab of the CommandManager.
How do I edit a mate in SOLIDWORKS?
To modify a mate:
- Expand the Mates folder in the FeatureManager design tree. …
- In the PropertyManager, select the mate to edit and change the options. …
- To replace one entity with another, click the entity to replace in the Mate Selections box, press Delete, then select the new entity.
- Click .
Why are mates not working in SOLIDWORKS?
Try these actions, which sometimes fix the problem: Drag a component to snap it into place. Suppress and unsuppress the affected mates. If the components are far from their correct positions, suppress some of their mates, move the components closer to their correct positions, then unsuppress the mates.
How do I use Smart mates in SOLIDWORKS?
Press Alt and drag one component onto another. Mate a new component while adding it to the assembly. Drag a part from another window onto another part in the assembly. From a part file: Select an entity and drag.
How do you use mechanical mates in SOLIDWORKS?
To set up the mate, you simply need to select a linear edge or line on the rack component, and then a cylindrical face or circular edge on the pinion component. The mate will then relate the motion based on either the pinion pitch diameter or the rack travel distance.
What are the different mates in Solidworks?
Standard mates include angle, coincident, concentric, distance, lock, parallel, perpendicular, and tangent mates. Advanced mates include limit, linear/linear coupler, path, profile center, symmetry, and width mates.
How do you mate two parts in Solidworks?
To add a mate:
- Click Mate (Assembly toolbar), or click Insert > Mate.
- In the PropertyManager, under Mate Selections, select the entities that you want to mate together for Entities to Mate . …
- Click to close the PropertyManager, or click before you click to create a new mate.
How do you turn off mates in Solidworks?
Suppressing a Mate
- Right-click the mate in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Properties.
- Select Suppressed, and click OK. To unsuppress the mate, repeat the process, and clear the Suppressed check box.
How do you Lockmate in Solidworks?
Lock all free concentric mates in an entire assembly
Right-click on the overall Mates folder and select ‘Lock Concentric Rotation’. But again, it will only lock those that are applied to under defined components that can spin freely.
How do you Unfix in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
Where is the Assembly toolbar in SOLIDWORKS?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars: Right-click in the window border, click Toolbars, and select or clear a toolbar name. Click Tools > Customize.
How do I use Collision Detection in SOLIDWORKS?
Click Move Component or Rotate Component (Assembly toolbar). In the PropertyManager, under Options, select Collision Detection. If the component you are moving touches any other component in the assembly, the collision is detected. Select components for the Components for Collision Check box, then click Resume Drag.