How do I scale a design in Solidworks?
Scaling a Part
- In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.
How do you scale a 2d drawing in Solidworks?
To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following:
- In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale.
- Right-click the sheet and select Properties, then edit the values of Scale.
How do I stretch a sketch in Solidworks?
Stretching Sketch Entities
- Click Base point. and then click on the sketch to set a base point.
- Drag to stretch the sketch entities. When you release, the entities stretch to that point and the PropertyManager closes.
Can you scale a Solidworks assembly?
To scale an entire SOLIDWORKS assembly, it is possible to scale each part independently, however this could be extremely tedious for an assembly with a large number of components. Alternatively, you can save the assembly as a multi-body part and scale this part in a single step.
How do you change the scale of a drawing?
Task 1: Rescale a drawing, using the same unit
Start the scaling command with SC (or SCALE). Make a selection for the objects that need to be included in the scaling operation. Click in the drawing for the first point of the scaling base (base point). Type R to activate Reference scaling.
How do I change the scale view in Solidworks?
You can use a system option to control the scaling of new views. In Tools > Options > System Options > Drawings, select or clear Automatically scale new drawing views. When selected, new views are scaled to best fit on the drawing sheet, and the scale of the drawing sheet becomes the same as the scale of the views.
How do you use the Flex feature in Solidworks?
To create Flex features, click Flex (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Flex, set the PropertyManager options, and click .
Repositioning the Triad and Trim Planes
- Select a coordinate system feature .
- Change the Rotation Origin. , …
- Change the Rotation Angle , , or to rotate the triad around these axes.
Where is sketch entities in Solidworks?
(Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Move. Click Copy Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Copy. Right-click to display the Sketch shortcut menu, click Sketch Tools, and click Move Entities or Copy Entities.
How do I use the Deform tool in Solidworks?
To open the Deform PropertyManager with Surface Push options:
- Click Deform. on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Features > Deform.
- In the PropertyManager, under Deform Type, select Surface Push.
What is the formula for scale drawing?
So when you’re working with scale drawings: Find out what the scale on the drawing is. Measure the distance on the drawing using a ruler (or count the number of squares, if that’s an option). Multiply the distance you measure by the scale to give the distance in real life.
How do you scale a size?
To scale an object to a larger size, you simply multiply each dimension by the required scale factor. For example, if you would like to apply a scale factor of 1:6 and the length of the item is 5 cm, you simply multiply 5 × 6 = 30 cm to get the new dimension.
How do you measure a scale?
To scale a measurement down to a smaller measurement, for instance, when making a blueprint, simply divide the real measurement by the scale factor. The scale factor is commonly expressed as 1:n or 1/n, where n is the factor.