How do I add a parameter to a design table in Solidworks?
Right-click an item and select Configure dimension, Configure feature, or Configure component. Then select Auto-create in the Design Table PropertyManager when you create the design table. Search ‘Manually Add Parameters in a Design Table’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do I automatically display dimensions in Solidworks?
In your FeatureManager Tree, right-click on the Annotations folder and select Show Feature Dimensions. This will make all the dimensions from the features appear around the part in the design space.
How do I edit a design table in Solidworks?
Editing a Design Table
- In the ConfigurationManager, right-click Design Table and select Edit Table or Edit Table in New Window. …
- Edit the table as needed. …
- Click outside of the table to close it. …
- If you receive a confirmation message that the design table generated new configurations, click OK.
How do you create a configuration table in Solidworks?
You can select design table settings when you insert a design table. The Dimensions dialog box appears after you select the Auto-create option in the Design Table PropertyManager and click OK. The SOLIDWORKS software asks you which dimensions you want to add to the design table.
What are three key elements of a design table?
What are three key elements of a design table? Configuration name, dimension name and dimension values.
How do you add dimensions to a drawing in Solidworks?
You can specify that dimensions marked for drawings be inserted automatically into new drawing views. Go to Tools > Options and in the Document Properties tab, click Detailing. Select Dimensions marked for drawing under Auto insert on view creation.
How do you arrange dimensions in Solidworks?
When you use Auto Arrange Dimensions, the dimensions are placed as follows: Spaced from smallest to largest.
To use Auto Arrange Dimensions:
- Box select the dimensions.
- Move the pointer over the dimension palette rollover button to display the dimension palette.
- Click Auto Arrange Dimensions .
How do you add a dimension to a Solidworks 3D object?
To add angular dimensions between 3D sketch planes:
- Double-click one 3D sketch plane to make it active.
- Right-click on the edge of the 3D sketch plane to which you want to dimension, and select Smart Dimension.
- With the second plane selected, click inside the active plane to add the dimension.
How do I create a design table in Solidworks assembly?
To have the SOLIDWORKS software insert a design table automatically:
- In a part or assembly document, click Design Table (Tools toolbar) or Insert > Tables > Design Table.
- In the PropertyManager, under Source, select Auto-create.
- Set the Edit Control settings and Options, as desired.
- Click .
How do I make a design table?
Create a table with Table Design
- Select Create > Table Design.
- In the new table, for the first field, enter a field name and a data type.
- To set the primary key for the table, select the Field Name cell for the appropriate field and then select Primary Key. …
- Select File > Save, and name the table.
How do I edit a table in Solidworks drawing template?
Editing a Design Table in a Drawing
- Double-click the design table in the drawing. The model opens in its own window, and the design table opens for editing.
- Modify the table as needed. When you are done, click outside of the table to close it.
- Return to the drawing window, and click Rebuild to see the updated table.
What program do you need to create a design table?
Design Tables are Excel spreadsheets which are embedded in a SOLIDWORKS part or assembly. The layout of a Design Table is very similar to that of a Configuration Publisher, in that features and components can be suppressed, dimensions changed and Configuration Specific Properties set.
How do I create a detail view in SOLIDWORKS?
To create a detail view:
- Click Detail View. (Drawing toolbar), or click Insert > Drawing View > Detail.
- The Detail View PropertyManager appears and the Circle tool. is active.
- Sketch a circle. …
- When the view is where you want it to be, click to place the view.
How do you suppress a feature in SOLIDWORKS design table?
Manual Method. To suppress individual features in the Feature Properties dialog box: Right-click the feature you want to suppress in the FeatureManager design tree and select Feature Properties. In the dialog box, select Suppressed, and then select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specify Configuration(s).