How do you scale an entire model in Solidworks?
Scaling a Part
- In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.
How do you select multiple sketches in Solidworks?
To select a chain of sketch entities:
- Right-click a sketch entity and choose Select Chain. The entities of sketch geometry such as rectangles and polygons are selected. If the geometry includes branches, the chain stops at the branch. You can continue the selection manually.
- You can hold Ctrl and select multiple chains.
Can you scale a Solidworks assembly?
To scale an entire SOLIDWORKS assembly, it is possible to scale each part independently, however this could be extremely tedious for an assembly with a large number of components. Alternatively, you can save the assembly as a multi-body part and scale this part in a single step.
How do you select multiple objects in Solidworks?
To select multiple items, hold down Ctrl while selecting.
How do you calculate scale size?
How do you calculate scale? To scale an object to a larger size, you simply multiply each dimension by the required scale factor. For example, if you would like to apply a scale factor of 1:6 and the length of the item is 5 cm, you simply multiply 5 × 6 = 30 cm to get the new dimension.
What is the formula for scale drawing?
So when you’re working with scale drawings: Find out what the scale on the drawing is. Measure the distance on the drawing using a ruler (or count the number of squares, if that’s an option). Multiply the distance you measure by the scale to give the distance in real life.
How do you scale size?
To convert a scaled measurement up to the actual measurement, simply multiply the smaller measurement by the scale factor. For example, if the scale factor is 1:8 and the smaller length is 4, multiply 4 × 8 = 32 to convert it to the larger actual size.
Can you scale a sketch in Solidworks?
(Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Scale. In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Scale, select sketch entities for Sketch item or annotations. , and then click in the graphics area to set the point to Scale about.
How do you scale a part in assembly?
Access the Scale tool (Insert, Features, Scale). Select all of the solid bodies in the part to be scaled. Choose the Scale Factor and other options as desired (for best results with a multi-body part, scale about the Origin). Click OK, as shown in the figure below.
How do I change the size of assembly in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.