How do I change the order of components in SolidWorks?
By changing the order in the assembly, you can control the order in the bill of materials. To change the order of components: Drag and drop the icons in the FeatureManager design tree to rearrange the order. The component is placed below the icon where you drop it (the highlighted icon).
How do I change the template of a BOM in SolidWorks?
Insert (Menu) > Tables > Bill of Materials. Click the “Favorites” button beside the default BOM Template name. Browse and select the desired BOM Template from the directory.
How do I change the part number in Solidworks BOM?
Search ‘Managing Part Number Settings’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
To change the part number or description of the saved settings:
- Under Part Numbers, select the part number saved settings.
- Click Edit.
- In the Part Number dialog box, change Part number, Description, or both.
- Click OK.
How do I change a description in Solidworks?
To change a feature description in a part or assembly document:
- Right-click the feature in the FeatureManager design tree and select Feature Properties.
- In the dialog box, edit the text in Description, then click OK.
How do you add materials in BOM solidworks?
To insert a bill of materials:
- With a drawing view selected, click Insert > Tables > Excel Based Bill of Materials.
- In the dialog box, select an Excel template for the BOM and click Open. …
- In the Bill of Materials Properties dialog box, select properties from the Configuration, Contents, and Control tabs.
- Click OK.
How do you change the balloon number in Solidworks?
To change the balloon properties: Select the balloon and edit the properties in the Balloon PropertyManager. Right-click the balloon and select Properties. Make changes in the Note PropertyManager and click OK.
How do you move a design tree in Solidworks?
To move components in the FeatureManager design tree: In the FeatureManager design tree, drag the component you want to move. You can Ctrl + drag to move multiple components at the same time. As you move over other components, the pointer changes to indicate what will happen if you drop the component there.
Where are solidworks BOM templates stored?
To save a SOLIDWORKS BOM Template file right-click on the bill of material and choose “Save As…” from the right-click menu. This will allow you to save the BOM template on your system where ever you like (The default location is “C:Program FilesSOLIDWORKS CorpSOLIDWORKSlangenglish”).
How do you explode an assembly in Solidworks?
To create an exploded view:
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
What is BOM cost?
Bills of material (BOM) calculations use data from several sources to calculate the standard costs of a manufactured item. The sources include information about items, bills routings, indirect cost calculation formulas, and the costing version.
How do I change the part number in bill of materials SolidWorks?
Right-click the configuration you want to edit, and select Properties. In the Configuration Properties PropertyManager, under Part number displayed when used in a bill of materials, select one of the following: Document Name. Configuration Name.
What is part number in BOM?
Part number: The BOM should assign a part number to each item, which allows anyone involved in the manufacturing cycle to reference and identify parts instantly. To avoid confusion, each part must receive only one part number.
How do I link a BOM to a part in SolidWorks?
First, right-click on the view you want to link to a BOM. On the pop-up menu, choose Properties. In the Drawing View Properties Dialogue box, check ‘Link balloon text to specified table. ‘ Choose the correct table (BOM) from the drop-down below.