How do you clip a surface?
To clip a surface:
- Ensure that the object to be clipped is the bottom object.
- Select the object to be clipped.
- Select the clipping object.
- Select Modify > Clip Surface.
How do you crop a surface in Autocad?
- Click Home tab Create Ground Data panel Surfaces drop-down Create Cropped Surface . …
- In the Create Cropped Surface dialog box, Crop Information section: …
- Specify the new surface information:
How do you mask a surface in Civil 3D?
In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface collection, right-click Masks, and click Create Mask. From the drawing, select an object or multiple objects to define the mask. Press Enter .
What are the 4 types of boundaries in Civil 3D?
There are 4 types of boundaries; Outer, Hide, Show and Data clip.
How do you make a surface smaller in Civil 3D?
Select a surface. On the Surface tab, Modify panel, click Edit Surface drop-down Simplify Surface Find. If more than one surface is available in the drawing, click the surface that you want to simplify or press Enter to select a surface in the Select A Surface dialog box.
What is a mask in Civil 3D?
Masks can be used to block out areas of a surface and prevent them from being displayed or to render a section of the surface using a specified render material. Masks can be defined from AutoCAD Civil 3D parcels and from polygon-type objects.
How do I mask a label in Civil 3D?
Civil 3D Labels:
The last way in Civil 3D to add a mask to a label is through the Label Styles dialog box. On the Layout tab of the Label style underneath the Border section, there is a setting for Background Mask. Setting it to True will turn it on and setting it to False will turn it off.
How do I add boundaries to my surface?
- Click Home tab Layers panel Layer drop-down. Next to the _EG-BNDY layer, click . …
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the SurfacesEGDefinition collections. Right-click Boundaries. …
- In the Add Boundaries dialog box, specify the following parameters: Name: EG – Outer. …
- Click OK.
- Select the blue polyline.
How do you add multiple boundaries to a surface in Civil 3D?
To Add Boundaries to a Surface
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click , and click Add.
- In the Add Boundaries dialog box, enter the boundary name in the Name field.
- Select the boundary type from the Type list.