What is Toolbox in SolidWorks?
The Toolbox is a collection of several powerful tools built into SolidWorks; it can increase productivity and decrease the time required to complete a design. The Toolbox contains a vast library of standard hardware components that can easily be dropped into a design at any point.
How do you make a groove in Solidworks?
To create a groove:
- Select a cylindrical face on a part where you want to place the groove. …
- Click Grooves (Toolbox toolbar) or Toolbox > Grooves .
- In the Grooves dialog box: …
- Select a standard, groove type, and available groove size from the lists on the top left of the tab. …
- Click Create.
How do you make a hoop in Solidworks?
- Click Draw > Ring (or type Ring).
- In the graphics area, specify the inner diameter or enter a value. …
- Specify the outer diameter, or enter a value.
- In the graphics area, specify the center point of the Ring.
- (Optional) Continue to specify the centers of identical Rings.
- Press Enter to end the command.
How deep should an O-ring groove be?
Cross Section & Groove Design Data
|Available Cross Sections for Encapsulated O-Rings & Groove Design Data|
What is O-ring squeeze?
The O-Ring Squeeze
Expressed as a percentage of free-state, cross-sectional thickness, “squeeze” is actually a measurement of the amount of deformation to the seal when it comes in contact with its mating hardware.
How do I make a SOLIDWORKS Toolbox?
Welcome to Toolbox Setup
- In SOLIDWORKS, click Tools > Options > Hole Wizard/Toolbox > Configure .
- From Windows, click Start > All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Tools > Toolbox Settings .
- When Toolbox is loaded and a document is open in SOLIDWORKS, click Toolbox > Configure.
How do I add Toolbox to SOLIDWORKS?
From the SOLIDWORKS menu, click Tools > Add-Ins . In the Add-Ins dialog box, under Active Add-ins and Start Up, select SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Utilities, SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Library, or both. You can also activate the SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Library add-in by clicking Add in now in the Toolbox Design Library task pane. Click OK.
How do you add bolts in SOLIDWORKS?
To add fasteners from the SolidWorks toolbox, open the task pane, find the fastener you want to add, and drag and drop it where you want it. Automatic mates will be added if you select a compatible edge. Once you drop the fastener, you can specify all the type settings.
Where is the Groove tool in Solidworks?
Click Grooves (Toolbox toolbar) or Toolbox > Grooves . In the Grooves dialog box: To create an O-ring groove, click the O-Ring Grooves tab.
How do you create a circlip in Solidworks?
The Retaining Ring Grooves tab lets you select and create retaining ring grooves. To open this tab: Click Grooves (Toolbox toolbar) or Tools > Toolbox > Grooves. In the Grooves dialog box, click Retaining Ring Grooves.