How do I edit a material library in SOLIDWORKS?
Editing a Custom Material
- In a part document, right-click Material in the FeatureManager design tree and select Edit Material.
- In the material tree, browse to a custom library and select a custom material.
- Edit properties of the material, then click Save.
How do you delete a parameter in SOLIDWORKS?
Click Defeature (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Defeature. For multibody parts or assemblies, select the Simplify Geometry method in the PropertyManager. For single-body parts, the PropertyManager opens to the To Keep page. Click Next until the To Remove page appears.
How do you select materials in SOLIDWORKS?
- Click Choose Material (Material tab of the SimulationXpress wizard).
- In the Material dialog box, expand the class of materials and select a material.
- Click Apply.
- Click Close. The material appears in the SimulationXpress wizard and a check mark appears next to Material. …
- Click Next.
What is the default material in SOLIDWORKS?
This value is defined under Tools > Options > System Options > Document Properties > Material Properties within a given file. The default SOLIDWORKS templates have a density of 1000 kg/m^3 (0.036 lb/in^3). To ensure your model mass will be correct, verify that the material assigned has the proper density value.
How do you rename a material in SOLIDWORKS?
Right-click and select Paste or press Ctrl + V. Optionally, rename the material. Right-click the material and select Rename.
Where are SOLIDWORKS materials stored?
This file is found through the SOLIDWORKS software itself. Find the “Tools” dropdown menu that is on the toolbar and click “Options”. Select “System Options” from the dropdown list and then click “File Locations”. Now go down through the dropdown list under “Show Folder For” again and find “Material Databases”.
How do you delete a part of a feature in Solidworks?
To delete an item:
- Select one or more items to delete in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Delete (Standard toolbar), click Edit > Delete or press Delete.
How do I Undefine a part in Solidworks?
Defeature – To Remove
- In a part or assembly, click Defeature (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Defeature.
- In the PropertyManager, click Next until the To Remove page appears.
How do you delete an axis in Solidworks?
To turn the display of axes on or off: Click View > Hide/Show > Axes. Search ‘Turning the Display of Axes On or Off’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do I change materials in Solidworks assembly?
To locate the material option in an assembly, simply right click on the part of which the material will be changed and find the material option in the menu and click on the “edit material”.
What is PLA in Solidworks?
PLA is a renewable plastic material offered as a low-cost material option for fast-draft part iterations. Quick, economical design concepts available in 11 colour options, including transparent.
How do I change material density in Solidworks?
In a part document, click Options or Tools, Options. On the Document Properties tab, click Material Properties. Type the material density in the Density box. You can type the density value with any units.