AEC = Architecture, Engineering, & Construction. You will find AEC Objects in what is called “vertical products” of AutoCAD. Basically, AutoCAD is the core application of more advanced tools and capabilities that are specific to certain disciplines, such as architectural or mechanical or electrical, etc.
What does AEC stand for in AutoCAD?
Architecture, Engineering & Construction
How do I edit AEC objects in AutoCAD?
To Change the AEC Editor Settings
- Click Options.
- Click the AEC Editor tab. …
- Under Diagnostic Messages, select options for displaying diagnostic messages on the command line: …
- Under Similar-Purpose Dialog Boxes, select options for the default position of dialog boxes and viewers:
What are objects in AutoCAD?
Object properties control the appearance and behavior of objects, and are used to organize a drawing. Every object has general properties including its layer, color, linetype, linetype scale, lineweight, transparency, and plot style. In addition, objects have properties that are specific to their type.
How do you connect objects in AutoCAD?
To Join Objects
- Click Home tab Modify panel Join. Find.
- Select a source object or select multiple objects to join together.
- Valid objects include lines, arcs, elliptical arcs, polylines, 3D polylines, and splines.
What does AEC mean?
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
What is AEC Architecture?
The architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry consists of separate players who work together to bring a project to fruition. By integrating these seemingly separate entities into a single industry, architects, engineers and contractors can work more efficiently to achieve a common goal.
What are proxy objects in AutoCAD?
A proxy object is a substitute for a custom object when the ObjectARX application that created the custom object is not available to AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, or other host applications. You can use the dialog box to control the display of proxy objects. …
What are proxy graphics?
Proxy graphics store the last viewed image of Autodesk Civil 3D objects, which lets users view your drawing without modifying the original objects. Proxy graphics store only the display representation for the current active viewport.
What are the commands of AutoCAD?
150 AutoCAD Command and Shortcut list, PDF eBook included
- L. It can be used for making simple lines in the drawing.
- C. It is the command used for making a circle in AutoCAD.
- PL. This command can be used to make a Polyline in your drawing.
- REC. This command will make a rectangle in AutoCAD.
- POL. …
- ARC. …
- ELLIPSE. …
Where is properties in AutoCAD?
The Properties palette is an essential tool. You can open it with the PROPERTIES command (enter PR in the Command window), you can press Ctrl + 1, or you can click the tiny arrow in the Properties panel on the Home tab—whichever you prefer. The Properties palette displays a list of all the important property settings.
How would you select set of objects in a drawing?
You can select object using a line or a fence. When prompted to select objects, type [F] for fence and simply draw a dashed line across objects you want to select. All crossed and touched objects will be selected. If you made a mistake and selected an object you don’t need, don’t cancel command and start over.
How do you combine two solid objects in AutoCAD?
Three methods are available for creating composite solids, surfaces, or regions:
- Combine two or more objects. With UNION, you can combine the total volume or area of two or more objects.
- Subtract one set of solids from another. …
- Find the common volume.
Which AutoCAD command can we use to break a compound object?
AutoCAD Explode command