What is a Matchline on drawings?
A match line is a line on a design drawing that projects a location or distance from one portion of the drawing to another portion of the drawing.
What is Matchline Civil 3D?
Match lines have a match line mask area on the outside of each match line. Use the match line mask area to hide or mask the area that exists between the outside of a match line and the inside border or boundary of the view frame. This component exists only in plan views, not profile views, and only in paper space.
How do I match linetypes in Autocad?
A match line tool is located on the Annotation palette. Specify the first point of the match line in the drawing area. Specify the next points of the match line, and press Enter when the line is complete. In the Edit Attributes dialog box, enter the text you want displayed on the match line, and click OK.
Is Matchline one word?
is match line one word or two? YES! YES!
How do you insert a Matchline in Civil 3d?
To Insert a Match Line in the Drawing
- Select a match line tool on a tool palette. …
- Specify the first point of the match line in the drawing area.
- Specify the next points of the match line, and press Enter when the line is complete.
Where is match line tool in Autocad?
Documentation Tool Catalog (Imperial or Metric), under MiscellaneousMatch Lines.
How do you do Matchlines in Revit?
Add a Matchline
- Open the primary view from which your dependent views were created.
- If crop regions are not visible, click (Show Crop Region) on the View Control Bar. …
- Click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Matchline).
- Sketch the matchline.
- When finished, click Finish Matchline.
What is the purpose of a Matchline in Revit?
Using a Matchline in Revit helps break a large project into smaller parts to accomplish one primary goal. We want to always keep the drawing at a scale that is legible and clear when we create sheets.