What is the difference between group and block in AutoCAD?
A group is a group of objects. Basically, Blocks are copies that will change if you change one.
What is group selection AutoCAD?
Group Selection On/Off. Use this toggle to control whether the entire group is selected or just an object within the group is selected when you select a grouped object. Use this toggle when you need to modify the objects within a group, click it again to restore group selection.
What is a block in AutoCAD?
In AutoCAD, a block is a collection of objects that are combined into a single named object.
How do I enable groups in CAD?
To Control Whether Grouped Objects can be Selected Individually
- Click Home tab Groups panel Group Selection On/Off Find.
- At any time, turn group selection on and off by pressing either Ctrl+H or Ctrl+Shift+A.
How do you create a group in Autocad?
Create a Named Group
- Click Home tab Groups panel Group. Find.
- At the prompt, enter n and type a name for the group.
- Select the objects to group and press Enter.
What is the difference between trim and extend command?
Extending operates the same way as trimming. You can extend objects so they end precisely at boundary edges defined by other objects. In this example, you extend the lines precisely to a circle, which is the boundary edge.
What does a group manager allow you to do?
By default, selecting any member of a group selects all the objects in that group, and you can move, copy, rotate, and modify groups just as you can modify individual objects.
What are commands in AutoCAD?
Basic AutoCAD commands
|DI/ DISTANCE||Find the distance between two points in a drawing|
|ERASE/E||Remove or erase objects from a drawing|
|ETRANSMIT/ ZIP||Create a Self-Extracting or Zipped file|
|I/ INSERT||Insert (existing block or drawing as a block)|
Why can’t I explode a group in AutoCAD?
Causes: Beginning with AutoCAD® 2006, the Allow Exploding option was added to the Block Definition dialog box. If this option is not selected when a block is created, instances of this block cannot be exploded.
How do I edit a group in AutoCAD?
To Add or Remove Objects From a Group
- Click Home tab Groups panel Group Edit. Find.
- In the drawing area, select a group.
- At the prompt, do one of the following: enter a to add objects. enter r to remove objects.
- Select objects to add to, or remove from, the group.
How do you explode in AutoCAD?
To explode complex objects:
- Click Modify > Explode (or type Explode).
- In the graphics area, select objects to explode and press Enter. The selected objects are exploded. You can edit the individual objects.
How do I combine two lines in AutoCAD?
To Join Polylines, Splines, Lines, and Arcs Into a Single…
- Click Home tab Modify panel Edit Polyline. Find.
- Select a polyline, spline, line, or arc to edit. …
- Enter j (Join).
- Select one or more polylines, splines, lines, or arcs that are located end to end.
- Press Enter to end the command.