How does Revit view range work?
The view range is a set of horizontal planes that control the visibility and display of objects in a plan view. Every plan view has a property called view range, also known as a visible range. The horizontal planes that define the view range are Top, Cut Plane, and Bottom.
How do you change view in Revit?
Modify a View on a Sheet
- Open the sheet.
- In the drawing area, select a view on the sheet. …
- Click Modify | Viewports tab Viewport panel (Activate View). …
- Modify the view as desired. …
- To deactivate the view on the sheet, double-click outside of the view, or right-click, and click Deactivate View.
Why can I see the level below in Revit?
Solution: To prevent the floor or slab from being visible in plan view, you need to adjust the bottom clip so that it is more than 4 feet above the floor or slab and set the view depth so that it does not include any part of the floor or slab. Follow these steps: In plan view, click View menu > View Properties.
How do you fix the view range in Revit?
Modify the View Range
- Open a plan view.
- On the Properties palette, locate the View Range parameter, and click Edit. Alternatively, enter VR on the keyboard.
- In the View Range dialog, modify view range properties as necessary. …
- Click Apply to view changes.
What is Revit plan view?
The structural plan view is the default view when you start a new project using a structural template. … You can create multiple structural plan view types. Engineers view plans at different orientations in different countries. Revit provides for this variation with the View Direction type parameter for structural plans.
Is there a Revit viewer?
To open and review models without an active license, you can run Revit in viewer mode. Revit Viewer is intended for reviewing models and printing views and sheets without the need for a software license or subscription.
Why is my view range greyed out in Revit?
In your case you seem to have a view template assigned to your view. This (can) cause different settings to be grayed out because it is controlled by the view template. You can solve it by removing the view template from the view (set it to
How do I use underlay in Revit?
Create an Underlay
- In the Project Browser, open a plan view.
- On the Properties palette, for Range: Base Level, select the level you want to underlay. Range: Top Level is automatically set to one level above the Base Level. …
- On the Properties palette, for Underlay Orientation, select Look Up or Look Down.
How do I turn on depth cueing in Revit?
On the View Control Bar, click Visual Style and Graphic Display Options. On the Graphic Display Options dialog, expand Depth Cueing, and select Show Depth.
Can you change the associated level of a view in Revit?
Existing views do not re-associate themselves to another Level, ever, for any reason. Their relationship is permanent. It’s a fundamental aspect of Revit and very unlikely to change.