Why can I not see my sketch in SolidWorks?
The trick is that the sketch has to be set to “Hide” in the part level, and then in the drawing level that sketch could be set to “Show” for any specific drawing view.
How do you make a sketch visible?
By default, a sketch used to create a feature is not visible on the model. To make the sketch visible, right-click on it in the Model browser and select Visibility. The sketch and its dimensions display on the part, as shown below.
How do I enable sketch in SolidWorks?
Inserting and Resizing Sketch Pictures
- In an open sketch, click Sketch Picture. (Sketch toolbar) or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Sketch Picture.
- In the dialog box, browse to the picture file and click Open. …
- To use the scale tool: …
- Continue to set properties in the Sketch Picture PropertyManager and click .
How do I unhide a sketch in SolidWorks?
Right-click a component in the drawing view or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show/Hide > Hide Component. If the component is hidden, you can show it again by right-clicking the component in the FeatureManager design tree (not in the drawing view) and selecting Show/Hide > Show Component.
Can you make a Solidworks drawing from a sketch?
You can create drawing geometry using 2D sketched geometry only, without reference to existing models or assemblies.
How do you move a sketch in Solidworks?
Moving or Copying Sketch Entities
- Click Move Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Move.
- Click Copy Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Copy.
- Right-click to display the Sketch shortcut menu, click Sketch Tools, and click Move Entities or Copy Entities.
How do you show a construction line in Solidworks?
Click Construction Geometry. on the Sketch toolbar. Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Construction Geometry. Select the For construction check box in the PropertyManager.
How do I draw an image in Solidworks?
Method #1: Trace your bitmap in SOLIDWORKS
- Start a new part.
- Insert a new sketch on a plane i.e. front plane.
- Insert a new sketch picture from Tools > Sketch Tools > Sketch Picture.
- Select your bitmap file, in this case I’ll select the Javelin logo PNG file.
How do you show the Display pane in SolidWorks?
To expand or collapse the Display Pane:
- Click. at the top of the FeatureManager design tree (to the right of the tabs) to expand the Display Pane. The Display Pane appears to the right of the FeatureManager design tree pane:
- Click. to collapse the Display Pane.
How do you show hidden bodies in SolidWorks?
Selecting Hidden Bodies
Right-click the multibody part and select Show Hidden Bodies. All bodies that were hidden are now shown, and all bodies that were visible are now hidden. In the dialog box, click Exit Show Hidden.
Why is my SolidWorks part invisible?
If the model is a part file then the most common reason that the body has been hidden by mistake, which can happen if you happen to click on hide in connection with selecting a feature.