Why does Revit say redundant room?
This warning displays when multiple rooms reside in the same region of the building model. Warning: Multiple rooms are in the same enclosed region. The correct area and perimeter will be assigned to one room, and the others will display “Redundant Room.” … One of the rooms displays the correct area and perimeter.
What is a redundant room in Revit?
Redundant Room. Room Is Very Short. Room Tag Is Outside of Its Room. Room Tag Was Deleted. Room Volumes Overlap.
How do you change the room area in Revit?
Change the Room Area Boundary Location
- Click Architecture tab Room & Area panel drop-down (Area and Volume Computations).
- On the Computations tab of the Area and Volume Computations dialog, for Room Area Computation, select one of the following options: …
- Click OK.
How do you make a room bounding in Revit?
This setting allows you to place rooms whose boundaries are defined by elements in both models.
- In a plan view of the host model, select the linked model symbol. …
- Click Modify | RVT Links tab Properties panel (Type Properties).
- In the Type Properties dialog, select Room Bounding.
- Click OK.
How do you delete a redundant room in Revit?
Delete a Room
- If the project does not include a room schedule, create one.
- Display the room schedule in the drawing area.
- To delete one room, place the cursor in the schedule row for that room.
- To delete multiple rooms, do the following: …
- Click Modify Schedule/Quantities tab Rows panel (Delete).
What does it mean redundant?
1a : exceeding what is necessary or normal : superfluous. b : characterized by or containing an excess specifically : using more words than necessary. c : characterized by similarity or repetition a group of particularly redundant brick buildings.
How do you calculate the area of a room in Revit?
Calculate Areas in a Project
- Click Quantification tab Areabook Extension panel (Calculate Areas).
- In the Calculate Areas dialog, specify the calculation Type. …
- Under Selection, click Selection.
- In the Rooms/Room Groups Selection dialog, select the rooms and room groups to be considered in the calculation.
How do you select a room in Revit?
To select a room, move the cursor over the room until its reference lines display, and click. You can also place the cursor over the room perimeter, press Tab to cycle through choices until the reference lines display, and then click. Move a selected room by dragging it using the move control.