The trick is to open the block definition dialog box (type “b”, or “block”) without selecting anything. Then on the drop down list search for the block you are unable to explode. You will see that the “allow exploding” option is unselected. Select it and click OK.
How do you explode a block in AutoCAD?
To change the setting for an existing block so that it can be exploded:
- Open the block in the Block Editor.
- In the Block Editor, make sure nothing is selected.
- In the Properties palette(Ctrl+1), under Block, select the Allow Exploding option.
- From the drop-down list, select Yes.
How do I use explode command in AutoCAD?
To explode an object
- Click EXPLODE. or enter EXPLODE in the command line.
- Select the objects to be exploded and press Enter.
When I explode a block in AutoCAD it disappears?
Solution: Check if the current layer where the BLOCK is inserted is OFF or FROZEN. Edit the block to remove extra visibility parameters. Use the QSELECT command to find the parameters.
Can’t break a block AutoCAD?
You can break a block by Explode Command (Short-cut : x) you can also use from Modify Menu. But if you create a block with “Allow exploding” option then after you can explode block. if you uncheck this option then you can’t explode a block.
How do you explode a block without losing attributes?
Block Desk after exploding. If you’d like to explode a block with attributes and have them retain the assigned attribute value, then you’ll need to use the BURST command. Burst will explode the block back into individual objects and keep the attribute values!
What is the use of explode command?
Breaks a compound object into its component objects. Explodes a compound object when you want to modify its components separately. Objects that can be exploded include blocks, polylines, and regions, among others. The color, linetype, and lineweight of any exploded object might change.
What is the shortcut key for Explode command?
How are AutoCAD keyboard shortcuts used?5. ModelingCDraw a circleCPCopyCTRL + JRepeat the last used commandXExplode an object, a volume, a polyline, etc.Ещё 19 строк
What is break command in AutoCAD?
Breaks the selected object between two points. Find. You can create a gap between two specified points on an object, breaking it into two objects. If the points are off of an object, they are automatically projected on to the object. BREAK is often used to create space for a block or text.
How do I unblock a drawing in AutoCAD?
Unlock an AutoCAD drawing
- Click an empty space on the diagram to deselect anything that may already be selected.
- Rest your cursor on the outside edge of the AutoCAD drawing until your cursor changes to this icon:
- Right-click, and then click CAD Drawing Object > Properties.
How do I resize a block in AutoCAD?
- Using the Select Objects tool click on the CAD block to select it, then click the Open Object. edit button.
- On the General panel of the CAD Block Specification dialog: Specify both the Height Factor and Width Factor as 1 in the Size section. Click OK to close the dialog and apply your change.
How do you remove attributes from a block in AutoCAD?
- Select a Forklift block insert in the drawing.
- Right-click and choose “Edit Attributes…”
- In the Attribute Editor, select attribute “DRIVER”, then click the “Remove” button:
- Click “Yes” when prompted to confirm remove. …
- Click OK.
- In the drawing, the selected block insert should now have it’s “DRIVER” attribute removed.