How do you dimension the center of a circle in a SolidWorks drawing?
Dimensions Between Arcs or Circles
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools, Dimensions, Smart.
- Select the edge of the first arc, and then select the edge of the second arc.
- Press Shift, and then click to apply the dimension between the two edges.
How do you find the dimension of a circle?
Create a Radius or Diameter Dimension
- Click Annotate tab Dimensions panel Dimension. …
- Select an arc or a circle.
- At the prompt, enter r (Radius) or enter d (Diameter).
- Before specifying the dimension line location, you can edit or rotate the text.
- Click to place the dimension line.
How do you dimension diameter instead of radius in SolidWorks?
Changing the Placement of Circular Dimensions
- Right-click the dimension.
- In the Dimension PropertyManager, select the Leaders tab.
- Under Witness/Leader Display, select a placement option. For example: Radius. Diameter. You can also right click the dimension and select Display Options.
How do you create a diameter dimension in SolidWorks?
To create a diameter, move the pointer to the far side of the centerline. Click to place the dimension. for diametric dimensions. Select other lines or points in the sketch to create additional dimensions.
How do you dimension a Smart circle?
Creating Circular Dimensions
- Click Smart Dimension. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- Select the circle.
- Drag the dimension and click to place it.
- Set the value in the Modify box and click .
How do I center a circle in a circle in SOLIDWORKS?
Make sure the Linear Center mark icon is selected under Manual Insert options section. Now scroll to the bottom of Center mark property manager and type in the value for the angle you want for center mark > hit enter. Click on the circular edges to add center marks.
How many dimensions are there in a circle?
The area limited by the circumference, which we call a circle, has two dimensions, length and width, which in this particular case are the same, and we call them diameter. So the circle is two dimensional, it has no depth!
What is a diameter dimension?
diameter dimension. A dimension that measures the diameter of a circle.
Is a circle 1 or 2 dimensional?
A circle, triangle, square, rectangle and pentagon are examples of two-dimensional shapes. A point is zero-dimensional, while a line is one-dimensional, for we can only measure its length.
How do you change diameter to radius?
In that circle, find the middle point and draw a line. That line is the diameter. Just divide by two; half the diameter is the radius.
How do you change a smart dimension from diameter to radius?
When you’re sketching, if you smart-dimension a circle, it’s always in diameter and if you want to do it in radius, you have to change it in Dimension Properties>Leaders>Witnesses/Leader Display, and there, change it to radius.
How do I create a symmetric dimension in Solidworks?
To create a symmetrical angular dimension:
- In a sketch with a centerline and lines or points, click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- Select the centerline and a non-parallel line.
- To create a half angle dimension, move the pointer to the desired location.
How do you add a radius dimension in Solidworks drawing?
With a drawing open, click Options (Standard toolbar), select Document Properties, and then select Dimensions > Radius.