How do I change project settings in Revit?
Changing Project Units
You can change project units from Revit ribbon> Manage tab> Settings panel> Project Units. By default, the setting for length in metric template is mm. Area is m2, volume is m3. Try to change the discipline to see all unit settings available.
How do you edit properties in Revit?
To modify the type properties, click Modify tab Properties panel (Type Properties). When you open the Family Editor, the palette displays family parameters by default. Review and modify properties of an element or view instance. Review and modify properties of an element or view type.
How do you change property type in Revit?
Click Modify tab Properties panel (Type Properties). On the Properties palette, click (Edit Type).
Type Properties Reference
- The element you are about to place using a tool.
- One or more elements of the same type selected in the drawing area.
- The active view (when no tool is active and no elements are selected).
How do I open the Properties tab in Revit?
Opening the Properties Palette
- Click Modify tab Properties panel (Properties).
- Click View tab Windows panel User Interface drop-down Properties.
- Right-click in the drawing area, and click Properties.
How do you change dimension in Revit 2021?
Change a Dimension Value
- Select an element that the dimension references.
- Click the dimension value. If the dimension is locked, the lock control appears next to it. …
- In the edit box, type a new value for the dimension, and press Enter . The element moves to satisfy the new dimension requirement.
How do I change the units of elevation in Revit?
Right click on the family and click Edit. Once in the Family Editor, select the Elevation Label and hit Edit Label: Being so small and inconspicuous you would probably miss it, but there is a small button near the bottom of a hand pointing to a hash symbol. This is obviously the Edit Parameters Unit format button!
How do I get my Properties toolbar back in Revit?
My properties window has disappeared, how do I get it back? Right-click and select Properties from the right-click window, or from the Ribbon View (Tab) > Window > User Interface > tick on Properties.
Why can’t I change scale in Revit?
To change the settings try one of the following steps: Remove (unassign) the view template from the view. This should unlock all of the properties so that they can be modified independently from the View Template. Modify the scale or other settings defined in the view template.
What is Properties panel in Revit?
The Properties palette is a modeless dialog where you can view and modify the parameters that define the properties of elements in Revit. Opening the Properties Palette. When you start Revit for the first time, the Properties palette is open and docked above the Project Browser on the left side of the drawing area.
How do I make lines darker in Revit?
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down (Line Weights).
- In the Line Weights dialog, click the Model Line Weights, Perspective Line Weights, or Annotation Line Weights tab.
- Click a cell in the table and enter a value.
- Click OK.
How do I set properties and project browser in Revit?
To dock the Project Browser on the left, position the cursor in the title bar, and drag the window until the cursor is touching the edge of the Revit interface on the left. The outline of the window gives you a preview. Using the same method, drag the Properties palette.
How do you reset properties in Revit?
Try cleanly uninstalling Revit, and then reinstalling: How to Complete a Clean Uninstall of Revit products.
- Download the attached ResetUI Batch utility (ZIP file)
- Extract the ZIP file.
- Run the BAT file (ResetUI) for the Revit version you want to reset (review included Readme. txt for more details).