How do I select a part in Solidworks assembly?
You can select all the assembly components that are visible from a standard or current view. You can select a subassembly in the graphics area by right-clicking one of its components and choosing Select Subassembly. You can use Filter at the top of the FeatureManager design tree to filter items displayed in the tree.
How do I select a specific surface in Solidworks?
Selection Filters help select specific types of items in the graphics area or drawing sheet. For example, choose the filter for faces so only faces can be selected. To toggle the display of the Selection Filter toolbar, click Toggle Selection Filter Toolbar (Standard toolbar), or press F5.
How do I edit a part in Solidworks?
To edit a part while in an assembly:
- Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Make the necessary changes to the part.
How do I change the selection in Solidworks?
Default bulk selection method
Enables box selection. To change box selection to lasso selection, right-click in the graphics area and click Lasso Selection.
How do you select an edge in Solidworks?
To manually select each edge: Right-click and select Clear Selections. Select an edge. In the graphics area a red arrow appears at the endpoint of the edge and indicates a possible next edge, and selection tools appear in the PropertyManager.
How do I edit an imported part in Solidworks?
Editing Imported Features
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the feature created from the imported document, and select Edit Feature. …
- In the Files of type list, select the desired format.
- Browse to select the desired file to import. …
- Select the Match faces and edges check box, if desired. …
- Click Open.
Can you edit a solid body in Solidworks?
You can edit only features that were created from an ACIS, Autodesk Inventor, IGES, Parasolid, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, STEP, VDAFS, or VRML file.
How do you update a part in a Solidworks assembly?
To update an assembly:
- In SOLIDWORKS, open an assembly previously built by CircuitWorks.
- In CircuitWorks, make the component changes or open a new ECAD file containing the changes.
- Click Build Model (Tools toolbar).
- In the dialog box, click Yes to update the open assembly. …
- To update the SOLIDWORKS assembly, do one:
How do you select a rectangle in Solidworks?
Use the Shift and Ctrl keys the same way as in Microsoft Explorer. Shift selects everything within the box whether currently selected or not.