How do I import contours into SketchUp?
- In your CAD drawing, use the LAYISO command to isolate your contour layers. First, type LAYISO in the Command line. …
- Use the WBLOCK command to save the contour lines into into their own . …
- In SketchUp, open the File menu and select Import.
- Navigate to the location where you saved the contour lines drawing.
How do I export contour from Google Earth?
Create your map with a specified coordinate system, color and transparency, ready for export to Google Earth.
- Click File | Export.
- Give the file a name, change the Save as type to KML Google Earth KML, and click Save.
- Click OK in the Export Options dialog and the KML file is created.
- Open Google Earth.
How do I import CAD topography into SketchUp?
Importing AutoCAD Civil Topography DWGs into SketchUp Pro…
- Analyze the the file you are trying to import. …
- Import the file into SketchUp. …
- Prepare the imported contours to be “Meshed”, This step is optional but it does save time and a possible frozen computer ( I suppose a good computer can fix that too)
How do I convert Google Earth to AutoCAD?
Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Open Google Earth and create a placemark, path or polygon, or simply load an existing KML/KMZ file. …
- Step 2: Right-click on the polygon, and select “Copy” …
- Step 3: Open your AutoCAD drawing, right-click and select “Clipboard” → Paste, or simply press Ctrl-V.
Can you see contours on Google Earth?
This KML network link displays a map overlay for USGS Contours (http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/) in Google Earth. To get started, simply download usgs-contours-overlay-for-google-earth.
Can you add contour lines to Google Earth?
Stock Google Earth Pro doesn’t include contour lines. There are third party add-ons that can place a map over the GE Pro globe. You can find them with a Google search. Including KML as a search term helps.
Can you import Google Earth into SketchUp free?
Since SketchUp was owned by Google and initially used to crowdsource their Google Earth modeling, there are powerful, easy to use tools built into SketchUp to help both import maps into your models and also to geolocate models in Google Earth. … Type in the location you’d like to import maps from into your model.