How do I draw a polygon in AutoCAD 2020?
Draw a Polygon
- Click Home tab Draw panel Polygon. Find.
- Enter the number of sides.
- Specify the center of the polygon.
- Do one of the following: Enter i to specify a polygon inscribed within a circle. Enter c to specify a polygon circumscribed about a circle.
- Enter the radius length.
How do you find the center of a polygon in AutoCAD?
When you are in a command that asks you to select a point, Shift-right-click and select Geometric Center from the Osnap menu. You can also type Gcen↵. Place the cursor on the closed polyline or spline, and the Geometric Center osnap marker appears at its geometric center.
What is AutoCAD hatch?
The Hatch command in AutoCAD is used to fill patterns inside an enclosed area. The patterns are hatched, gradient, and solid fill. … The Hatch Pattern Scale signifies the spacing between the lines in a particular pattern.
How do you draw a polygon in CAD?
To Draw a Polygon by Specifying One Edge
- Click Drafting tab > Draw panel > Rectangle drop-down > Polygon.
- At the Command prompt, enter the number of sides.
- Enter e (Edge).
- Specify the start point for one polygon segment.
- Specify the endpoint of the polygon segment.
Which command is used to draw a hexagon?
The simplest way to draw a hexagon in AutoCAD is to use the polygon tool, entering six as the number of sides. If you know the radius you’d like to use, then you can choose to size the polygon from the center. You can then choose if you want the hexagon inscribed within the radius, or circumscribed outside the radius.
How do you draw polygons?
Draw a polygon using custom polygon
- Click Polygon.
- Place the pointer on the map and click the location of the first point to start drawing.
- Move the pointer to the next point and click.
- Continue clicking at each corner of the shape until you have created the polygon. Note: …
- Double-click the first point to stop drawing.
What are the minimum number of sides to draw a polygon in AutoCAD?
Type the number of sides for the polygon that you want to draw and then press Enter. Your polygon can have from 3 to 1,024 sides. AutoCAD prompts you to specify the center point of the polygon.
What is a polygon with 6 sides and 6 angles?
Answer: A polygon with 6 sides and 6 angles is called a hexagon.
What is the shortcut key for polygon in AutoCAD?
|Q||QSAVE / Saves the current drawing.|
|S||STRETCH / Stretches objects crossed by a selection window or polygon.|
|X||EXPLODE / Breaks a compound object into its component objects.|
|E||ERASE / Removes objects from a drawing.|
|D||DIMSTYLE / Creates and modifies dimension styles.|
How do you make a 3d polygon in Autocad?
To Create Polygon Objects
- Click Home tab Draw panel Creates Polygons.
- Click in the drawing to specify a start point, or select an existing object to include in the polygon.
- Optionally, enter a to draw an arc as part of the polygon.
- Repeat Step 2 to add objects or specify more points.
- Enter c to close the polygon.