To create a shortcut key, in the Command List pane, drag a command to the Shortcut Keys node in the Customizations In
How do I create a custom command in AutoCAD?
In the Customize tab, Command List pane, click the Create a New Command button.
Create a command
- In the Name box, enter a name for the command. …
- In the Description box, enter a description for the command. …
- In the Extended Help File box, enter the name of the file and ID to use for the extended help for the command.
How do I create a shortcut key in AutoCAD 2018?
In the Properties pane, click in the Key(s) box, and then click the […] button to open the Shortcut Keys dialog box. In the Shortcut Keys dialog box, hold down the modifier key Ctrl with a combination of Shift, Alt, or Shift and Alt along with the desired letter, number, function, or virtual key such as F1 or Insert.
How do I create a hotkey?
Begin keyboard shortcuts with CTRL or a function key. Press the TAB key repeatedly until the cursor is in the Press new shortcut key box. Press the combination of keys that you want to assign. For example, press CTRL plus the key that you want to use.
What are the shortcut keys in AutoCAD?
In this list I have included some of the most frequently used and useful keyboard shortcuts.
- Ctrl + N. You can use this shortcut to open a new drawing a tab in AutoCAD.
- Ctrl + S. You can use this keyboard shortcut to save a drawing file.
- Ctrl + Shift + S. …
- Ctrl + 0. …
- Ctrl + 1. …
- Ctrl + 2. …
- Ctrl + 9. …
- Ctrl + C.
What are the basic command aliases of AutoCAD?
Default AutoCAD ShortcutsAliasCommandAARCBBLOCKCCIRCLEDDIMSTYLEЕщё 4 строки
How do I change the command in AutoCAD 2018?
- Do one of the following: …
- In the text editor, add your new command aliases to the bottom of the file. …
- In AutoCAD or the AutoCAD-based product, at the Command prompt, enter reinit and press Enter.
- In the Re-initialization dialog box, click PGP file. …
- Test your new command alias and edit the PGP file as needed.
Where is the Customize tab in AutoCAD?
Create a Ribbon tab
In the Customize tab, Customizations In pane, click the plus sign (+) next to the Ribbon node to expand it. Right-click Tabs and click New Tab. A new ribbon tab (named New Tab) is placed at the bottom of the Tabs node.
How do you put a spacebar in AutoCAD?
AutoCAD allows users to press either space> bar or enter> key to enter a command. It’s also smart enough to accept space> bar hit as space character when it’s at text entering mode.
How do I assign a function key?
Assigning keys to functions
- Start from a host session window.
- Click Edit > Preference > Keyboard, or click the Remap button on the toolbar.
- Click the Key Assignment tab.
- Select a Category.
- Select the function you want to assign a key to.
- Click Assign a Key.
How do I assign hotkeys to text?
Inserting Text with a Shortcut Key
- Define your AutoText entry as you normally would.
- Choose Customize from the Tools menu. …
- Click on the Keyboard button. …
- Position the insertion point in the Press New Shortcut Key text box.
- Press the shortcut key you want to use. …
- In the Categories list scroll down and select AutoText.
What does hotkey mean?
How do you toggle the Fn key?
Press fn and the left shift key at the same time to enable fn (function) mode. When the fn key light is on, you must press the fn key and a function key to activate the default action.
What are the function keys use in AutoCAD?
Basic AutoCAD Function Keys
- F1. This function key opens the AutoCAD Help window. …
- F2. This key opens a pop-up screen showing the command line on the bottom. …
- F3. This command automatically activates the O snap feature of AutoCAD. …
- F4. This key will open the O snap feature while working in 3 dimensional. …
- F5. …
- F6. …
- F7. …
How do I change CAD commands?
Edit a command
- In the Customize tab, do one of the following: In the Command List pane, select a command. In the Customizations In pane, locate and select a command under a user interface element.
- In the Properties pane, change the properties of the command.