Go to the file you want to copy from, highlight the objects to copy and type “Ctrl-C” (that is, hold down the Ctrl key and type “C”). Then open the file you want to paste that element into and type “Ctrl-V.”
How do I copy text from one view to another in Revit?
Use the Copy to Clipboard tool, for example, when you need to switch views before placing the copies.
- Select one or more elements in the drawing area.
- Click Modify |
tab Clipboard panel (Copy).
- Note: When editing text notes, click Modify | Text Notes Clipboard panel (Copy).
How do you copy text in Revit?
Select an element and, while pressing Ctrl , drag the element to copy it. Use the Copy tool to copy elements and place them immediately. Use the clipboard to copy and paste elements with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V .
Where is the clipboard in Revit?
Select one or more elements in the drawing area. Click Modify |
How do you copy a wall in Revit?
- Copy to Clipboard (CTRL+C) or from the Modify ribbon>Clipboard panel, choose Copy.
- On the Modify ribbon > Clipboard, click the drop down arrow under the Paste command.
- Select “Aligned to Selected Levels”
- Choose the Target level (i.e. Level 2)
- Switch to a 3D View to see the results.
How do you switch between projects in Revit?
Use the tab key
If you prefer to use a keyboard shortcut than using a drop-down menu, you can press ctrl+tab to switch to the next tab or ctrl+shift+tab to the previous tab on the list.
Can you copy with a base point in Revit?
You can’t copy with base point but you can paste aligned to current view.
How do you paste in the same place in Revit?
Click Modify tab Clipboard panel Paste drop-down, and select one of the following options: Aligned to Selected Levels: If you copy all model elements, you can paste them into one or more levels. In the dialog that displays, choose the levels by name. To select more than one, press Ctrl while selecting the names.
How do you paste from clipboard in Revit?
- Cut or copy elements to the clipboard.
- Place the cursor in the view where you want to paste the elements.
- Click Modify tab Clipboard panel Paste drop-down (Paste from Clipboard). …
- Click to place the preview image in the desired location. …
- Refine placement of the pasted elements, if desired.