How do I change the PDM revision in SOLIDWORKS?
To set a revision number:
- Select the file and click Modify > Set Revision.
- In the Set Revision dialog box, verify that the revision number can be set. …
- Select one or more files to transition, and set column values as needed.
- Select the next revision.
What is private state in SOLIDWORKS PDM?
Private State files are files that other users have added to the vault, but have not yet checked in. In SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional vault, if your administrator has given you permission, you can see files that are in the private state.
How do you change columns in PDM?
In SOLIDWORKS PDM File Explorer, you can view file lists based on column sets. Based on the assigned permissions, you might have access to the following column set preferences. To switch preference, right-click any column header, select Column Sets, and then select your preference.
How do I refresh PDM in SOLIDWORKS?
Refreshing the Display
- Right-click a vault or folder and select Refresh.
- Right-click in empty space in the main pane and select Refresh.
- Select a vault, folder, item, or file and press F5.
How do I change the workflow in Solidworks PDM?
How do I move files from one SOLIDWORKS PDM workflow to another?
- Right-Click in the open area of the old workflow and select “New Workflow Link” …
- Select the Workflow Link Properties, new workflow where the files will be moved and the state files need to be moved to.
How do I manage solidworks files without PDM?
Webinar Preview – Managing SOLIDWORKS Files Without PDM
- File referencing.
- Simple drawing and part revisioning. Comments. Design Binders. …
- Assembly revisioning. Save as. Save as Copy and Continue. …
- In-Context part considerations.
- Pack and Go. Setting the search path to find all files.
- Re-referencing files. On Load. After Load.
What does Solidworks PDM do?
With SOLIDWORKS PDM, you can create and maintain a single data location and vault that can be accessed by users to store and retrieve files. With SOLIDWORKS PDM products, data is kept secure, up-to-date, and accessible. The system eliminates duplicate work and delays, while saving time and development costs.
How do you add a column in PDM?
To create a new file list column set:
- Log in to the Administration tool as a user with permission to update columns.
- Right-click Columns and select New Column Set.
- In the Customizable Columns dialog box, type the Column set name.
- From Type, select File List.
- Under Columns, click New Column.
- Under Selected column: