How do I make a revision table template in Solidworks?
To customize a table template:
- Open a model that contains the characteristics needed for the template: Components. …
- Insert a table. In the table PropertyManager, specify one of the standard templates shipped with the SOLIDWORKS software; for example: …
- Edit the table as described below, then save the table as a template.
How do you add a revision symbol in solidworks?
Do one of the following: In a drawing with a revision already in the table, click Revision Symbol (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Annotations > Revision Symbol. Right-click in the revision table of the relevant revision row and select Revisions > Add Symbol.
How do you save a revision table in Solidworks?
When complete, new Revision Table can be saved as a New Template, to do this Right Click on top right of table and select Save As and will be saved as a . sldrevtbt file format which can be selected in the future drawings or will be stored to the drawing template if Revision Table will be kept in Drawing.
How do you unlock a revision table in Solidworks?
Specify properties for revision tables. To open this PropertyManager: Click Revision Table (Table toolbar), or click Insert > Tables > Revision Table.
How do I link a revision table in Solidworks?
Click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Tables > Revision. Set the options and click OK. In drawings with multiple sheets, you can set options to activate a revision table on the first sheet only, link the tables on all sheets, or keep the tables independent of each other.
How do I edit a revision table in Solidworks?
To initiate revision table editing:
- Click Edit Revision Table (Mechanical Toolbox toolbar) or Mechanical Toolbox > Revision Table > Edit Revision Table.
- If you are on a sheet tab that contains a revision table that is linked to the active revision table, when you are prompted to activate Sheet 1, click OK.
How do you manage revisions in Solidworks?
Select one or more files to transition, and set column values as needed. Select the next revision. Select Update Variable for a file to write the New Revision value to the revision variable in the workflow. Click OK to set the revision.
How do you add a revision triangle in Solidworks?
Do one of the following:
- In a drawing with a revision already in the table, click Revision Symbol. (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Annotations > Revision Symbol.
- Right-click in the revision table of the desired revision row and select Revisions > Add Symbol.
How do I change the default revision table in Solidworks?
Click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Tables > Revision. Set the options and click OK.
What is a revision table?
The revision table holds metadata for every edit done to a page within the wiki. Every edit of a page creates a revision row, which holds information such as the user who made the edit, the time at which the edit was made, and a reference to the new wikitext in the text table.
How do I save a table template in Solidworks?
Saving a Custom Template
- Insert a table into a drawing.
- Customize the table.
- Right-click in the table and select Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, type in the template name, browse to a folder, and click Save.
What is revision table in drawing?
Use a Mechanical Toolbox revision table to track revisions in a drawing. A revision table consists of a title and header row and individual revision rows. When you create a revision row, you can insert revision symbols that are linked to the row.
What is drawing revision?
The term “Drawing Revision” refers to modifications that are made to a drawing after it has been signed and issued. The first revision to a drawing takes place after the initial issue of the drawing is signed and released for bid or construction.
What is a revision symbol?
The revision symbol uses the revision table’s settings for the shape and revision number or letter. Click in the graphics area to place the symbol. You can place the symbol anywhere, and you can place multiple instances of the symbol while the Revision Symbol PropertyManager is active.