Can you rename solidworks parts?
Right-click the component and click Rename Assembly or Rename Part.
How do I enable rename in Solidworks?
To enable renaming, click Tools > Options > System Options > FeatureManager > Allow component files to be renamed from FeatureManager tree.
Can you rename a file?
Open File Explorer by going to My Computer, or by pressing Windows Key + E on your keyboard. Find the file you want to rename, select it and select Rename on the ribbon (or press F2 on your keyboard).
What happened Solidworks Explorer?
SOLIDWORKS Explorer was replaced by SOLIDWORKS File Utilities in 2020 and can now be accessed quickly with a simple right click in Windows File Explorer. While the familiar graphical interface may be missing, the same functionality exists and allows users to perform the same convenient tasks that they enjoyed before.
How do I rename a Solidworks PDM file?
With PDM if all the files you wish to Rename are checked in, single-click the file that needs to be changed and press the “F2” command key on your keyboard and change the name.
How do I rename a part in SolidWorks 2017?
Right-click the component and select Rename Assembly or Rename Part. Select the component and press F2.
How do I change the location of a SolidWorks file?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or filename using one of the following methods: …
- Click OK to make the changes and exit the dialog.
Can I move SolidWorks to another drive?
What is this? Connect the USB drive to the new computer. Open the “SolidWork” menu and click on the USB drive letter, and drag and drop the “SolidWork” folder to the C: drive “Program Files” folder. When prompted, if you want to replace files, select “Yes to All.”
How do I change a file name without breaking links?
Renaming a File
- From the files list, find the file to be renamed. Click the file’s gear menu and choose Rename.
- The New Title field can be used to rename the file and the New File Name can be used to update the file’s URL.
- Click Save to complete the rename. All links to the file will be updated.
Why can’t I rename a file?
Cannot rename File Name too long
If you cannot rename a file because the name is too long, you will get an error message saying that The file name is too long; you need to shorten the name. You cannot use a name, which has more than 255 characters in it.
How do you rename a zip file?
How to Rename a ZIP File
- Navigate to the folder containing your ZIP file. …
- Click the ZIP file’s icon to select it.
- Press the “F2” key.
- Type a new name for the file. …
- Single-click on an area outside of the icon to confirm the name change.
- Navigate to the folder containing your ZIP file.