How do I add a summary in Solidworks?
To enter or display summary information:
- Click File > Properties.
- In the dialog box, on the Summary tab, type the appropriate information in the boxes provided for: Author, Keywords, Comments, Title, and Subject.
How do you copy summary in Solidworks?
How to Copy SOLIDWORKS Custom Properties to Other Files
- Open the Custom Properties dialog Box:
- With the dialog box open, use Windows selection tools to select one, some, or all properties.
- Use the Windows keyboard shortcut for copying, CTRL + C.
- Close the Custom Properties dialog box.
- Open the target file.
How do I view properties in Solidworks?
Available for all document types. To open this page: With a drawing open, click Options (Standard toolbar), select the Document Properties tab, and then select Drafting Standard.
How do I edit a part property in SOLIDWORKS?
To edit custom properties:
- Click Edit List on the Custom tab of the Summary Information dialog box. The Edit Custom Property List dialog box shows a list of properties.
- In the list, you can add or delete properties, or move the properties up or down.
How do I add a part property in SOLIDWORKS?
To add custom properties:
- Click in the first blank cell under Property Name, then type a name or choose one from the list.
- Select a Type from the list. …
- Under Value / Text Expression, enter a value for the custom property that is compatible with the selection in the Type cell. …
- Press Tab or Enter.
How do you use property managers in SOLIDWORKS?
The PropertyManager appears on the PropertyManager tab in the panel to the left of the graphics area. It opens when you select entities or commands defined in the PropertyManager. You can choose whether it opens in other cases in Tools > Options > System Options > General .
How do I change the property tab builder in SOLIDWORKS?
Do one of the following:
- In the SOLIDWORKS software, on the SOLIDWORKS Resources tab of the Task Pane, click Property Tab Builder .
- From the Windows Start menu, click All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Tools > Property Tab Builder version .
How do you change created in SOLIDWORKS?
1 Answer. You can’t change the date/time of creating the file. You also can’t change/remove the designer’s name. All you can do is just make another copy (Save As) and it’ll be with your details.
How do I create a custom template in Solidworks?
From the Windows Start menu, click All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Tools > Property Tab Builder version . In the SOLIDWORKS software, on the Custom Properties tab in the Task Pane, click Create now. This option is available when a tab template does not exist for the active document type.
How do you copy a line property in Solidworks?
To copy properties between entities:
- Click Modify > Property Painter (or type PropertyPainter).
- Specify a source entity with the properties you want to ‘paint’ to other drawing entities.
- To specify a subset of the properties to be copied, type Settings at the command prompt.
How do you copy materials in Solidworks?
In a part document, right-click Material in the FeatureManager design tree and select Edit Material. In the material tree, select the material on which to base the custom material. Right-click and select Copy or press Ctrl + C to copy the material to your paste buffer.
How do I edit a custom property in SOLIDWORKS?
To edit custom properties:
- Click Edit List on the Custom tab of the Summary Information dialog box. The Edit List dialog box with the list of properties appears.
- You can do one of the following: Add. Type a name in the box and click Add. Delete. Select a property from the list and click Delete. Move Up.
How do I change the default document properties in SOLIDWORKS?
To change the default template:
- Click Options or Tools > Options.
- Select Default Templates.
- Click the appropriate browse button (Parts, Assemblies, or Drawings).
- In the New SOLIDWORKS Document dialog box, select the template you prepared and click OK.
- Select one of the following: …
- Click OK.
Where is document properties in SOLIDWORKS?
The document properties that are available on the left side of the Document Properties tab depend on the type of document that is open. Some document properties are relevant to all document types (parts, assemblies, and drawings), while others are not.