What does the filter tool do in Revit?
The Filter selection tool allows you to select Revit elements by category, making it easy to select only certain objects within your project.
How do I filter a selection in Revit?
Click Manage tab Selection panel (Edit). In the Edit Filters dialog, you can edit, create new, rename, and delete filters.
- Click Manage tab Selection panel (Load).
- In the Retrieve Filters dialog, select the filter to use.
- Click OK. The elements are selected in all open views.
Where is the filter command in Revit?
Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics), and click the Filters tab. Click Add. The Add Filters dialog lists existing filters. If the desired filter does not exist, click Edit/New to create a rule-based filter.
How do you filter sections in Revit?
On the View Ribbon select Filters.
- Create a new filter.
- Give it the name ‘Sections_HVAC’.
- Select the category ‘Sections’ in the Category list.
- Select for the Filter Rules the parameter ‘Sub-Discipline’.
- From the drop down list on how to filter you choose ‘does not equal’.
- For the Value, type ‘HVAC’.
How do I edit a filter in Revit?
Modify a Rule-Based Filter
- Click View tab Graphics panel (Filters).
- Select the filter.
- Modify the categories and filter rules, as necessary. For details, see Filters Dialog and Examples of Rule-Based Filters.
- To rename the filter, click (Rename). Enter a new name for the filter, and click OK.
- Click OK.
What is filter selection?
Selection Filters help select specific types of items in the graphics area or drawing sheet. For example, choose the filter for faces so only faces can be selected.
How do you select a specific item in Revit?
Select Multiple Elements
- While pressing Ctrl , click each of the elements. …
- Draw a selection box by placing the cursor on one side of the elements to be selected and dragging it diagonally to form a rectangular boundary. …
- Press Tab to highlight connected elements, and then click to select.
How do you select an object in Revit?
In Revit, hover to highlight an element, and then click to select it. To clear a selection, press Esc. To add to a selection, Ctrl-click; to remove an added object, Shift-click.
How do you search for an object in Revit?
Revit has a search feature built into the Project Browser. – Right-click on an entry, say a kitchen-related entry, and click search. Revit is going to find every entry with the keyword “kitchen” and it’s going to expand the category that it’s a part of.
How do I add a filter to a Revit link?
On the View tab, Graphics panel, select Filters, then select the outlined icon below to add a new filter, select the category, give the filter a name then specify the filter rules as shown below… this requires that you know what the value is set to for that parameter in the MEP file.
How do I create a filter schedule in Revit?
On the Filter tab of the Schedule Properties dialog (or the Material Takeoff Properties dialog), create filters that limit the display of data in a schedule. You can create up to 4 filters, and all filters must be satisfied for the data to display. Many types of scheduled fields can be used to create filters.
What are view filters in Revit?
Use view filters to override the graphic display and visibility of elements that you select or that share common properties.
How do I hide section views in Revit?
[REVIT] HOW TO HIDE A SPECIFIC SECTION TYPE?
- Choose the first section line and in Properties change View name to Building Section. …
- Choose which parameter will control visibility. …
- In the View tab, select Visibility / Graphics. ( …
- Go to the Filters tab, select Add in the lower-left corner.
How do you hide unreferenced sections in Revit?
Hide those Unreferenced View Tags
- Under Categories, check ‘Callouts’, ‘Elevations’ & ‘Sections’
- Under Filter Rules, set Filter by ‘Sheet Number’. Select ‘does not contain’ from the drop down box and leave the box under that blank.