How do I change the feature properties in Solidworks?
To edit feature properties:
- In the FeatureManager design tree or in the graphics area, select one or more features, then click Edit > Properties or right-click the features and select Feature Properties. …
- Enter a Name if desired.
- To suppress the feature, select Suppressed.
- Click OK.
How do I add a feature in Solidworks?
Smart Feature Insert PropertyManager
- Click Insert Smart Features , which appears over the component in the graphics area.
- In the graphics area, right-click the component and select Insert Smart Features.
- Select the component, then click Insert > Smart Features.
What is a feature in Solidworks?
Features are the individual shapes that, when combined, make up the part. You can also add some types of features to assemblies. Features include multibody part capability. You can include separate extrude, revolve, loft, or sweep features, within the same part document.
How do you drag a feature in Solidworks?
To move more than one feature at a time, hold down Ctrl as you select the features.
To move a feature to a new place on a model:
- Select Instant3D (Features toolbar).
- In the graphics area, select the feature to move.
- Use the handles to drag the feature to its new location.
How do I change the date created in Solidworks?
1 Answer. You can’t change the date/time of creating the file. You also can’t change/remove the designer’s name. All you can do is just make another copy (Save As) and it’ll be with your details.
How do I change my username in Solidworks?
On the SOLIDWORKS PCB Services menu, click Users and click the Users tab. Click the link associated with the admin account or click the Edit User icon . Modify the user information, username, and password. Click Save.
Where is the Features toolbar in Solidworks?
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
How do you make a feature tab in Solidworks?
Creating Tab Features
- Create a sketch on a plane or planar face that meets the sheet metal tab requirements.
- Click Base Flange/Tab. on the Sheet Metal toolbar, or click Insert > Sheet Metal > Base Flange . The tab is added to the sheet metal part.
What is the Features toolbar in Solidworks?
The Features toolbar provides tools for creating model features. The set of features icons is very extensive so not all of them are included on the default Features toolbar. You can customize this toolbar by adding and removing icons to suit your working style and frequent tasks.
Which choice is an example of an applied feature in SOLIDWORKS?
Applied features such as chamfers, fillets, and shells are applied directly to the model.
How do I copy features from one part to another in SOLIDWORKS?
To copy features from one part to another part, tile the windows, then drag the features from one window to another, or use Copy and Paste (Standard toolbar).
Which choice is an example of sketched feature?
Sketched features include extruded profiles and shapes, revolved shapes, sweeps, lofts, coils, and ribs.
What drag operations does SOLIDWORKS support for features?
SOLIDWORKS supports several drag operations for features: reordering, moving, and copying. You can change the order in which features are rebuilt by dragging them in the FeatureManager design tree. You can move or copy features by dragging them in the model and from one model to another.
How do you move points in SOLIDWORKS?
To move a specified point of the sketch to a specific location, under Translate, select Position selected point and click a point in the sketch. Type a value for X value and Y value and press Enter. The Modify Sketch tool translates the entire sketch geometry in relation to the model (including the sketch origin).
How do you move an inserted part in SOLIDWORKS?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy . Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies.