What is block solidworks?
You can make, save, edit, and insert blocks for drawing items and sketch entities that you use often, such as standard notes, title blocks, label positions, and so on. You can attach blocks to geometry or to drawing views, and you can insert them into sheet formats.
How do you make blocks in Solidworks?
- Create a sketch.
- Click Make Block. (Blocks toolbar) or Tools > Block > Make . …
- Select the sketch entities you want to make as a block for Block Entities.
- Click .
- Repeat steps 2-4 for each of the remaining sketch entities.
- With the sketch in edit mode, add the necessary relations.
- Save the part.
How do you scale a block in Solidworks?
(Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Scale. In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Scale, select sketch entities for Sketch item or annotations. , and then click in the graphics area to set the point to Scale about.
Where are blocks stored in Solidworks?
To use the block in the Design Library, save it to the annotations folder in the Design Library. Properties of the block (scale and rotation angle) are saved in the file.
What is block drawing?
A block-in is a light sketch of your whole composition before any details or shading are done to make sure it’s placed correctly on the page and that the proportions and distances are accurate.
How do you move a block in Solidworks?
To move a block: Select the block and drag it. To copy a block: Press Ctrl while dragging the block.
How do I edit a block in Solidworks?
To edit a block:
- Right-click the sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Expand the folder to display the blocks.
- Select a block and click Edit Block. …
- Make changes to the block, and click the block confirmation corner.
How do you save a sketch as a block in Solidworks?
To save a sketch to a block file:
- Create a sketch.
- Click Save Sketch as Block (Blocks toolbar) or Tools > Blocks > Save .
How do you create a text block in Solidworks?
To insert static text:
- In the SOLIDWORKS 3D PDF Template Editor, click Insert Text .
- In the PropertyManager, click Template text field . …
- Select the Font Size, Font Family, and Text Color.
- Optionally, drag the text block to a location and resize it using the handles.
- Double-click inside the text block and type the text.
How do you explode a block in Solidworks?
To explode the block:
- Select the Sketch-Block. in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Explode Block. (Blocks toolbar) or Tools > Blocks > Explode to dissolve the block.