Can you make a part from an assembly?
You can create a new part in the context of an assembly. That way you can use the geometry of other assembly components while designing the part. You can also create a new subassembly in the context of another assembly.
How do you make a part not fixed in Solidworks assembly?
You cannot fix or float an instance in a component pattern. To fix or float an assembly component: Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree. Select Fix or Float.
How do you isolate a part in assembly in Solidworks?
To isolate components:
- Select the components you want to isolate in the graphics area or the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click View > Display > Isolate or right-click and select Isolate. …
- Select the component you want to edit and click Edit Part or Edit Assembly .
Can you turn an assembly into a part solidworks?
With your top level assembly open, left click on a sub-assembly that you would like to save as a part and chose Open Subassembly. 2. With the sub-assembly open click File, Save as. Chose the option to Save as when prompted.
How do you convert an assembly into a part?
To open the Save Assembly as Part PropertyManager:
- In an assembly, click File > Save As.
- Select Part (*. prt;*. sldprt) for the file type.
- Select Include specified components.
- Select Override defaults.
- Click Save.
How do you ground a part in Solidworks assembly?
To define a ground plane:
- In an assembly, click Insert > Reference Geometry > Ground Plane.
- In the PropertyManager, in Ground Plane, select a face in the assembly.
- (Optional.) Click Reverse Direction , or click the handle in the graphics area.
- Click . Ground Plane appears in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do I change the position of a part in Solidworks assembly?
To edit a position:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select Mate Controller and click Edit Feature .
- In the PropertyManager, under Mates Positions, select Position 2 from the list. The components move to Position 2.
- Change the value of Distance1 from 30 to 60 . …
- Click Update Position . …
- Click .
How do I move a full defined part in Solidworks?
Click Move Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Move. The Move Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
How do you save an isolated part in Solidworks?
To save one or more component instances as a new file: In an assembly, in the graphics area or FeatureManager design tree, right-click a component or Ctrl + select multiple components and click Make Independent . In the dialog box, click OK when prompted to save the component with a new name.
How do you isolate a body in Solidworks?
To isolate bodies:
- Select the bodies to isolate.
- Click View > Display > Isolate or right-click and select Isolate.
- On the Isolate pop-up toolbar, you can click one of the following to change the Visibility of Removed Bodies: Transparent. …
- When you are done working on the isolated bodies, click Exit Isolate.
How do I isolate a part in Catia?
Right-click the plane as the element you want to isolate. This capability works on all GSD features. Select the xxx object > Isolate command from the contextual menu. The geometrical link between the plane and the face is no longer maintained.
How do I scale a part in Solidworks?
Scaling a Part
- In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.