Can we do drafting in Solidworks?
You can draft in 2D in SOLIDWORKS drawing documents using Sketch tools, Dimension tools, and Annotations. In SOLIDWORKS drawing documents, as in 2D CAD documents, you can add sketch entities (lines, circles, rectangles, and so on) at any time.
What is step draft?
A step draft is a variation of a parting line draft. The step draft creates one face rotated about the plane used as the Direction of Pull. This results in small faces, representing the steps (highlighted in blue in the example below).
How do you do a draft analysis in Solidworks?
To perform an analysis:
- Click Draft Analysis (Mold Tools toolbar) or View > Display > Draft Analysis. Set analysis parameters and color settings, and then click .
- Click View > Modify > Draft Analysis.
- Click Draft Analysis (View toolbar) or View > Display > Draft Analysis.
What is loft in Solidworks?
Loft creates a feature by making transitions between profiles. A loft can be a base, boss, cut, or surface. You create a loft using two or more profiles. Only the first, last, or first and last profiles can be points.
How do you write a drawing in Solidworks?
- Click a face of a part.
- Click Text. …
- In the graphics area, select an edge, curve, sketch, or sketch segment. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Text, type the text to display. …
- Set the properties in the Sketch Text PropertyManager as necessary.
- Click .
- With the sketch still open, extrude or cut the text.
What is a draft angle in Solidworks?
Draft tapers faces using a specified angle to selected faces in the model. One application is to make a molded part easier to remove from the mold. You can insert a draft in an existing part or draft while extruding a feature.
How do I add a taper in Solidworks?
To extrude an entity with a taper angle:
- Click Solids > Draw > Extrude (or type Extrude).
- Specify the type of entities to create. Surface. …
- Specify the entities to extrude and press Enter.
- Specify the Taper angle option.
- Specify the taper angle and press Enter.
- Specify the extrusion height.
What is draft analysis?
The Draft Analysis command enables you to detect if the part you drafted will be easily removed. This type of analysis is performed based on color ranges identifying zones on the analyzed element where the deviation from the draft direction at any point, corresponds to specified values.
How do I make a mold of a part in Solidworks?
Open a part containing a core surface body, a cavity surface body, and a parting surface body. Select a face or plane that is perpendicular to the direction of pull. The selected face or plane is used to define a sketch outline that splits the core and cavity segments. Click Tooling Split (Mold Tools toolbar).
What is draft in injection molding?
A draft angle is calculated as a degree measurement (or, less often, an inch or millimeter measurement) from the vertical axis of a mold, and it helps account for thermoplastic shrinkage, a practical reality of the injection molding process for most materials.