How do you fix a broken external reference in Solidworks?
Replacing Broken References
- Select a file with a broken reference.
- Click Tools > Update References . …
- Select a reference to replace and click Edit > Replace File.
- In the Replace File dialog box, browse to the file that will replace the broken reference.
- Click Open.
How do you delete a reference in Solidworks?
To remove the reference:
- Open the drawing or drawing template that contains the unwanted file reference.
- Expand the View Palette.
- Find and select the the part or assembly that is the unwanted file reference in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the ‘Clear All’ button (the red ‘X’).
- Save the drawing file, and check into PDM.
How do I change part references in Solidworks?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or filename using one of the following methods: …
- Click OK to make the changes and exit the dialog.
How do I stop solidworks from opening references?
The first would be to adjust the “Load referenced documents:” option found under Tools > Options > System Options > External References > “Load referenced documents:” This can be migrated away from the “Prompt” option which will cease to display the dialog when loading a file containing outside references.
How do I rename a SOLIDWORKS file without breaking references?
Right click on a part of a SolidWorks part file and open the SolidWork context menu. Select rename or move from the SolidWorks context menu. Move the file or rename the file in the prompt which appears after selecting the option you want.
What are external references in SOLIDWORKS?
An external reference is created when one document is dependent on another document for its solution. If the referenced document changes, the dependent document changes also. In an assembly, you can create an in-context feature on one component that references the geometry of another component.
How do I find drawing references in Solidworks?
Select the document in the File Explorer tab in the left pane. Select the References tab in right pane. Information about referenced documents appears in the following columns: Document.
How do I open the View palette in Solidworks?
The View Palette populates when you: Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly .
In a drawing with no parts or assemblies open:
- Select the Task Pane and the View Palette .
- Click Browse (…) in the View Palette.
- Browse to a part or assembly, then click Open.
- Drag a view into the graphics area.
How do I change the location of a part in Solidworks assembly?
Click Open or File > Open. In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
Edit the path or file name by using one of the following methods:
- Click a cell to change the name or path. …
- Double-click a cell and select a file in the Open dialog box.
Where are solidworks part files located?
The File Location Check verifies the location of the document templates against the settings in Tools > Options > System Options > File Locations .
What is Solidworks Explorer?
SOLIDWORKS Explorer is a file management tool designed to help you perform such tasks as renaming, replacing, and copying SOLIDWORKS files. You can show a document’s references, search for documents using a variety of criteria, and list all the places where a document is used.
How do you add references in Solidworks?
To list the external references on a part or feature, right-click the part or the feature or right-click the update holder , and click External References.