How do I assemble a part in SolidWorks?
To create an assembly from a part:
- Click Make Assembly from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar) or File > Make Assembly from Part. An assembly opens with the Insert Component PropertyManager active.
- Click in the graphics area to add the part to the assembly. SOLIDWORKS makes the first component fixed.
How do you assemble parts?
Create iParts and iAssemblies to use as iAssembly members
- Open one of the part files. …
- In the iPart Author, select parameters, properties, suppression status, iMates, work features, threads, and other values that are unique in each member. …
- Right-click the row and select Insert Row.
How do you assemble multiple parts in SolidWorks?
Under Part/Assembly to Insert, do one of the following:
- Ctrl + select several components from the list.
- Click Browse. In the dialog box, Ctrl + select several components and then click Open.
Can you combine parts in an assembly in SolidWorks?
In an assembly, you can join two or more parts to create a new part. The join operation removes surfaces that intrude into each other’s space, and merges the part bodies into a single solid volume.
How do you create an assembly?
To create an assembly in the drawing by inserting an assembly from a tool palette
- To display the Tool Palettes window: Click Home tab Palettes panel .
- Open the tool palette containing the desired assembly.
- On the tool palette, click the assembly, and then click a location in the drawing. Press Enter to end the command.
How do you create an assembly in Inventor?
How to Create an Assembly in Inventor
- Step 1: Open Inventor. Open Inventor and select “File” “New” in the top left corner. …
- Step 2: Select Place. …
- Step 3: Open File. …
- Step 4: Rotate Part. …
- Step 5: Place at Origin. …
- Step 6: “OK” …
- Step 7: Add New Parts. …
- Step 8: Select Constrain.
How do you align two parts in Solidworks?
To align sketches:
- Select a line or a point in a sketch to be aligned with another sketch.
- Hold Ctrl and select a line or a point in the second sketch to which the first sketch is to be aligned.
- Click Align Sketch (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Sketch.
How do I merge surfaces in Solidworks?
In the PropertyManager, under Selections:
- Select faces and surfaces for Surfaces and Faces to Knit .
- Select Try to form solid to create a solid model from enclosed surfaces.
- Select Merge entities to merge faces with the same underlying geometry.
How do you mate in Solidworks?
To add a mate: Click Mate (Assembly toolbar), or click Insert > Mate. In the PropertyManager, under Mate Selections, select the entities that you want to mate together for Entities to Mate . You can temporarily hide faces to select an obscured face by hovering over a face and pressing Alt.
How do I convert assembly to single part in Solidworks?
To open the Save Assembly as Part PropertyManager:
- In an assembly, click File > Save As.
- Select Part (*. prt;*. sldprt) for the file type.
- Select Include specified components.
- Select Override defaults.
- Click Save.