How do you add curves in SolidWorks?
on the Curves toolbar, or Insert > Curve > Projected. Use this selection to project a sketched curve onto a model face. , select the curve in the graphics area or from the flyout FeatureManager design tree. , select the cylindrical face on the model where you want to project the sketch.
How do you find coordinates in SolidWorks?
Click Tools > Inquiry > Get Coordinate (or type GetXY). In the graphics area, select the point to identify.
How do I import a point cloud into SolidWorks?
Opening Scan Data
- Click Open and select one of the following types of scan data files in Files of type: Mesh Files (*. 3ds; *. obj; *. stl; *. wrl; *. ply; *. …
- Browse to a file for File name.
- Click Options, set the import options, then click OK.
- Click Open. Mesh or Point Cloud. appears in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do you smooth a curve in Solidworks?
To access this tool you must be in an open sketch, and have the spline selected in the graphics area. Next, head to Tools > Spline Tools > Simplify Spline. In the dialog box you can either set a value for tolerance and click OK or click Smooth and watch SOLIDWORKS do its thing (always my preferred option).
What is loft in Solidworks?
Loft creates a feature by making transitions between profiles. A loft can be a base, boss, cut, or surface. You create a loft using two or more profiles. Only the first, last, or first and last profiles can be points.
How do you change the XYZ axis in Solidworks?
To specify the up axis for view orientation:
- Open a model.
- Click View Orientation (View toolbar).
- In the Orientation dialog box, click the Up Axis flyout and select an option: Apply Y-up views. Uses the Y-axis as the up orientation for views. Apply Z-up views. Uses the Z-axis as the up orientation for views.
What is coordinate system in Solidworks?
You can define a coordinate system for a part or assembly. Coordinate systems are useful: With the Measure and Mass Properties tools. When exporting SOLIDWORKS documents to IGES, STL, ACIS, STEP, Parasolid, VRML, and VDA.
How do I scale a part in SolidWorks?
Scaling a Part
- In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.