How do I change the default units in SOLIDWORKS 2020?
How to change default unit system in SolidWorks
- Open a new part file in SolidWorks.
- Go to options.
- Click on document properties, click on units, change the default unit system as you want, and then click OK.
- Go to the file menu and click Save As.
How do I change units in SOLIDWORKS 2021?
Setting Default Units
- Click Simulation > Options.
- On the Default Options tab, select Units.
- Under Unit system, select a unit system. …
- Under Units, select specific units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
- Click OK.
How do I change units in SOLIDWORKS 2017?
In the application, you can change these settings for individual documents and for your document templates.
- Unit system for individual documents, go to Tools > Options > Document Properties > Units.
- Dimension standard for individual documents, go to Tools > Options > Document Properties > Detailing.
How do you change from M to MM in SOLIDWORKS?
If a user designs in millimetres, their part, assembly and drawing templates should be set to use millimetres. It is sometimes required to change the unit system of a particular file. This can be done by changing the Units settings from Tools > Options > Document Properties > Units.
How do I change a Metric Unit to Solidworks?
To set units options:
- Click Simulation > Options. …
- Under Unit system, select SI (International System of Units), English (U.S. Customary Unit System), or Metric (gravitational system of units).
- Under Units, select the desired units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
- Click OK.
How do I change the default settings in Solidworks?
To change the default template:
- Click Options or Tools > Options.
- Select Default Templates.
- Click the appropriate browse button (Parts, Assemblies, or Drawings).
- In the New SOLIDWORKS Document dialog box, select the template you prepared and click OK.
- Select one of the following: …
- Click OK.
How do I change the smart dimension units in Solidworks?
Go to Tools>Options>Document Properties>Units to change the units that are being used within the SOLIDWORKS design environment. There is also the units’ popup menu in the bottom right-hand corner of the SOLIDWORKS screen.
How do you change units to feet in Solidworks?
Select Units. Then change the Unit System over to Custom. (This option then allows the Length option from Basic Units to change.) Select microinches, mils, inches, feet, or feet & inches in order to be able to use the Fractions selection.
How do I change ISO to ANSI in Solidworks?
Click Options (Standard toolbar). From the Document Properties tab, select Drafting Standard. Select ANSI for the Overall drafting standard.