How do I import a STL file into Inventor?
Drag and drop to import files
- Select the part or assembly file in Windows Explorer, and drag the file to the Autodesk Inventor title bar. …
- With no Autodesk Inventor files open, select the part or assembly file in Windows Explorer, drag the file into the Autodesk Inventor graphics window.
How do you convert mesh to solid Inventor?
Once installed, to convert the mesh you can access the converter in the right-click menu. The Convert to Base Feature dialog box opens and you can choose a Solid or Composite conversion. A solid will be created only if the mesh is closed.
How do I export from STL to Inventor?
- Select IPro > Print > 3D Print Preview.
- Select Options and choose desired resolution and click OK.
- Within the preview window, select Save Copy As or Send to 3D Print Service.
- Save As type to STL File (*.stl)
How do you convert STL to steps?
If you need to tackle the STL to STEP conversion, you’re in luck. Check out these two straightforward ways to convert your files! STL files are the standard format for 3D objects, especially for 3D printing.
- Step 1: Insert the mesh. Go to “Insert > Insert Mesh”. …
- Step 2: Convert the Mesh to a Solid. …
- Step 3: Save as STEP.
How do I convert STL to solid in Inventor?
Use 3ds Max to convert STL files to other formats
- In 3dsMax, import the STL file. …
- Once the file has been imported, choose Export and select the file type *. …
- Open the produced SAT or DWG file in Inventor, then stitch and convert to solid as needed.
How do I convert STL Graphics to a solid model?
How do I convert STL graphics to a solid model?
- Step 1: Open SOLIDWORKS. Start SolidWorks and click Open.
- Step 2: Select File Type. Change file type to STL.
- Step 3: Click Options. Click Options.
- Step 4: Change Import As. Change import as to Solid body.
- Step 5: Select STL file. …
- Step 6: STL file is updated. …
- 120 likes.
How do I export in Inventor?
Right-click the flat pattern in the model browser, and Save Copy As SAT, DWG, or DXF. Right-click a sketch in the model browser, and select Export Sketch As DWG (AutoCAD/LT or DXF (AutoCAD R12/LT2). Saves a file with a specified name and file type. Exports Inventor data to other file formats.
How do you change export units in Inventor?
When you export to STL in Inventor, click on Options button in the dialog -> change unit to mm. When saving the file click Options and set the Units to the same as the document units. Thanks!
Who invented STL file format?
History. STL was invented by the Albert Consulting Group for 3D Systems in 1987. The format was developed for 3D Systems’ first commercial 3D printers.
How do I import parts into assembly in Inventor?
To Place Components in Assemblies
- On the ribbon, click Assemble tab Component panel Place to choose a component to place.
- In the Place Component dialog box, browse to the folder that contains the component, and then select the component. …
- If needed, click Options.
How do you add parts to a part in Inventor?
To Insert Parts Using AutoDrop
- On the ribbon, click Assemble tab Component panel Place from Content Center.
- In the Place from Content Center dialog box, locate the appropriate family.
- Select an AutoDrop-enabled family, and click OK. …
- Use the AutoDrop commands to select component size and place the component.
How do you copy and paste parts in Inventor?
- Open the part file that contains the feature to copy.
- Select one or more features in the browser. Tip: To copy a feature and its dependents, right-click the parent feature.
- On the Edit menu, select Copy, or press CTRL + C .