Can you edit a part in an assembly solidworks?
To edit a part while in an assembly: Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. The title bar shows the name of the part in the assembly that is open for editing as <part_name> in <assembly_name> .
How do you delete something in Solidworks?
To delete an item:
- Select one or more items to delete in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Delete (Standard toolbar), click Edit > Delete or press Delete.
How do I edit a sub assembly in Solidworks?
Modifying a Subassembly
You can edit the assembly structure by moving components up or down in the hierarchy, or to a different branch of the hierarchy. There are two ways to do this: Drag and drop the components to move them from one assembly to another. Click Tools > Reorganize Components.
How do I move individual parts in Solidworks assembly?
Click Move Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Move. The Move Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
How do you update a part in a Solidworks assembly?
To update an assembly:
- In SOLIDWORKS, open an assembly previously built by CircuitWorks.
- In CircuitWorks, make the component changes or open a new ECAD file containing the changes.
- Click Build Model (Tools toolbar).
- In the dialog box, click Yes to update the open assembly. …
- To update the SOLIDWORKS assembly, do one:
How do you change parts in Solidworks?
To replace one or more components:
- Do one of the following: Click Replace Components (Assembly toolbar). Click File > Replace. …
- Specify options as described below, then click . The selected component instances are replaced. If you chose Manually select, choose the configuration to open in the Configurations dialog box.
How do you delete a part in assembly?
Click the component in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree. Press the Delete key, click Edit > Delete, or right-click and select Delete. Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
How do I delete part of a sketch in Solidworks?
Adding and Removing Sketch Entities in Blocks
- In the Edit Sketch mode, select a Block. in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Edit Block. …
- Click Add/Remove Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Block Entities, select the entities you want to add or remove. …
- Click , click the block confirmation corner.
How do you delete a extruded part in Solidworks?
Select a plane to define an extrude direction normal to the plane. To remove the faces defining the extrude from the model after extruding, click Delete original faces.
How do I move multiple parts in a Solidworks assembly?
To move components in the FeatureManager design tree: In the FeatureManager design tree, drag the component you want to move. You can Ctrl + drag to move multiple components at the same time. As you move over other components, the pointer changes to indicate what will happen if you drop the component there.
What is a subassembly in Solidworks?
When an assembly is a component of another assembly, it is referred to as a subassembly. You can nest subassemblies in multiple levels, to reflect the hierarchy of your design.
How do you Unfix a part in assembly in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you move a piece in Solidworks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy . Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies.
How do you explode an assembly in Solidworks?
To create an exploded view:
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .