How do you split a mirror in Solidworks?
Creating Opposite-Hand Versions of Parts
- In an open part document, click a model face or plane about which to mirror the part.
- Click Insert > Mirror Part. …
- Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the source part to be included in the opposite-hand version.
How do you delete a mirror in Solidworks?
Once the newly created mirror body is created, you can then delete the initial part with a delete bodies command. (Insert > Features > Delete/Keep Body). With the body now deleted, the process is complete and you can toggle between the right-hand and the left-hand configurations within the part.
How do you update a mirrored part in Solidworks?
You cannot change the format (new file or new configuration) for saving opposite-hand versions. To edit a mirror component feature: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click MirrorComponent and click Edit Feature . Make changes in the PropertyManager.
How do I edit a mirror in sketch in Solidworks?
You can edit mirror component features to add or delete components and make other changes.
To edit a mirror component feature:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click MirrorComponent and click Edit Feature .
- Make changes in the PropertyManager.
- Click .
How do you make a opposite hand assembly in Solidworks?
Under Orient Components, select a component for which you want to create an opposite-hand version. Click Create opposite hand version . You can also hold down Ctrl and click items in the list to designate components to mirror.
Where is mirror in Solidworks?
The mirror entities feature can be found under the ‘sketch’ tab in the command manager or in tools > sketch tools > mirror.
How do you mirror a part to delete originals in Solidworks?
How to Mirror a Part and Discard the Original in SOLIDWORKS
- If you create an assembly level cut to remove the original component, then you’re left with a cluttered feature tree. …
- I’ll select a face and then go to the insert drop down menu and click mirror part. …
- Sign up for a free SolidProfessor membership to learn more!
Why is mirror part grayed out Solidworks?
If you see that the Mirror Part command is greyed out that is because you should pre-select the mirror face or plane. The Material checkbox in the Mirror Components PropertyManager is selected by default and lets you propagate the material of the mirrored part from the parent part.
How do I mirror a part in Solidworks assembly?
In a part, select a face or plane to mirror about, and then click Insert > Mirror Part. See Creating Opposite-Hand Versions of Parts. Mirror an assembly feature. In an assembly, click Assembly Features (Assembly tab on the CommandManager) and click Mirror , or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Mirror.
What is mirror entities in Solidworks?
Select Mirror Entities to mirror pre-existing 2D sketch entities on a plane, and then select the entity about which to mirror. If you want to first select the entity about which to mirror, and then sketch the entities to mirror, select Dynamic Mirror Entities .
How do you mirror 3D entities in Solidworks?
To create mirrored entities in 3D Sketch:
- Click 3D Sketch (Sketch toolbar) or Insert > 3D Sketch.
- Create sketch entities.
- Click Mirror Entities or Tools > Sketch Tools > Mirror.
- Select sketch entities for Entities to mirror.
- Select any plane or planar face for Mirror about .
- Click .
Which icon would you click to activate the Smart Dimension tool and add dimensions to a sketch?
To add dimensions, select the Smart Dimension command from the CommandManager, just next to the Sketch icon.