How do you fix a broken external reference in Solidworks?
Replacing Broken References
- Select a file with a broken reference.
- Click Tools > Update References . …
- Select a reference to replace and click Edit > Replace File.
- In the Replace File dialog box, browse to the file that will replace the broken reference.
- Click Open.
How do I change external references in Solidworks?
Update Path for External References
- Select an update holder in the tree to highlight the corresponding sketch in the graphics area.
- Right-click an update holder and click List External Refs to lock, unlock, or break the external references.
How do you remove an external reference in Solidworks?
Changing or Removing References
- Check out the parent file.
- On the Contains tab, click Custom References .
- In the Edit User-Defined File References dialog box, do one of the following: To remove a reference, clear Referenced. …
- Click OK.
- Check in the parent file.
What is an external reference in Solidworks?
An external reference is created when one document is dependent on another document for its solution. If the referenced document changes, the dependent document changes also. In an assembly, you can create an in-context feature on one component that references the geometry of another component.
How do I move a SOLIDWORKS file without breaking references?
Right click on a part of a SolidWorks part file and open the SolidWork context menu. Select rename or move from the SolidWorks context menu. Move the file or rename the file in the prompt which appears after selecting the option you want.
How do you fix a non matching internal ID in SOLIDWORKS?
How to resolve SOLIDWORKS Non-Matching Internal ID Errors
- SOLIDWORKS Non-Matching Internal ID. …
- The Original “Wrist Pin” Component. …
- Mate Errors after the Assembly References a Different “Wrist Pin” File. …
- Expand Menu. …
- Replace Components. …
- Re-attach Mates option. …
- Reassign Mates. …
- Reassign Mates Completed.
How do you break a link in Solidworks?
To break the link from the original part file:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the inserted third-party native CAD file and click Break Link.
- In the dialog box, click one of the following: Yes, break the link (cannot be undone) . Breaks the link of the inserted part file from the original file.
What is Hole Wizard and how it is used?
Hole Wizard is a tool inside SOLIDWORKS that allows you to quickly create holes within a part or assembly without the need of drawing or using multiple features. The Hole Wizard is made up of two tabs, the first: Type, covers the creation of the hole.
What is make independent in Solidworks?
To save one or more component instances as a new file: In an assembly, in the graphics area or FeatureManager design tree, right-click a component or Ctrl + select multiple components and click Make Independent . In the dialog box, click OK when asked to save the component with a new name.
How do I open the View palette in Solidworks?
The View Palette populates when you: Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly .
In a drawing with no parts or assemblies open:
- Select the Task Pane and the View Palette .
- Click Browse (…) in the View Palette.
- Browse to a part or assembly, then click Open.
- Drag a view into the graphics area.
How do I find external references in Solidworks?
To open the External References dialog box: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the top-level assembly or a subassembly, and click External References. Lists all components and features with external references hierarchically based on the assembly structure.