What is a reporting parameter in Revit?
A reporting parameter is a parameter type that has its value driven by a particular dimension in the family model. Reporting parameters extract a value from a geometric condition and use it to report the data to a formula or as a schedulable parameter.
How do you use reporting parameters in formula Revit?
Here’s what to do:
- Remove the formula from the nested family and reload it (so you can now apply a parameter to it in the host)
- Add an instance parameter as per the image above.
- Close this dialog by clicking OK.
- Go to the Family Types dialog.
- Select and Modify that parameter.
- Now you can tick the Reporting box.
How do you create a parameter in Revit?
Create Project Parameters
- Click Manage tab Settings panel (Project Parameters).
- In the Project Parameters dialog, click Add.
- In the Parameter Properties dialog, select Project parameter.
- Enter a name for the project parameter. …
- Select a discipline.
- Select the parameter type.
How do I create a text parameter in Revit?
Click Create tab Properties panel (Family Types), and add a family parameter that is of type text. This will be the parameter that controls the text of the model text in the project. In the Family Types dialog, enter some text in the Value field for the new parameter.
What are report parameters?
Parameters are one of the built-in collections that you can include in an expression in a report. Because expressions are used to define values throughout a report definition, you can use parameters to control report appearance or to pass values to related subreports or reports that also use parameters.
What is shared parameter in Revit?
Shared parameters are definitions of parameters that you can add to families or projects. Shared parameter definitions are stored in a file independent of any family file or Revit project; this allows you to access the file from different families or projects.
How do you set parameters in your project?
Project parameters define the scope, budget, schedule, and quality of the project. There is an interrelationship among these parameters. If you choose to increase the scope, you must also increase the schedule or budget.
How do you add a parameter to a label in Revit?
Create a Single-Category Tag with a Shared Parameter
- Click File tab New (Annotation Symbol), select a template (such as, Door Tag. …
- Click Create tab Text panel (Label).
- Click in the drawing area. …
- Click (Add Parameter).
- In the Parameter Properties dialog, click Select and select the shared parameter to add to the label.
How do I add text to family in Revit?
Add Model Text
- Set the work plane where you want the text to display.
- Click (Model Text). Architecture tab Model panel (Model Text) …
- In the Edit Text dialog, enter the text, and click OK.
- Place the cursor in the drawing area. …
- Move the cursor to the desired location, and click to place the model text.