How do you change the size of a section view in Solidworks?
To edit existing section views with Section View Assist: Right-click on an existing section view or its cutting line and click Edit Cutting Line. For some complex section views created with SOLIDWORKS 2013, you must select an insertion point before you can modify them. On the Section view pop-up, click an offset.
How do I change the scale of a part in a Solidworks drawing?
You can change the scale of a drawing sheet by selecting a scale from a predefined list or specifying a custom scale. To change the scale of an existing drawing sheet: In the status bar, click Sheet Scale and click a scale. If there are annotations in the drawing sheet, specify options in the dialog box and click OK.
How do I change the scale in Solidworks?
To set scales: To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following: In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale. Right-click the sheet and select Properties, then edit the values of Scale.
How do I make a small section view in SolidWorks?
Creating a Section View Manually
- Click Section View. (Drawing toolbar), or Insert > Drawing View > Section. …
- To create a section view manually, click Edit sketch to display the Insert Line PropertyManager.
- Sketch a section line. …
- Click to place the view.
How do I view sections in SolidWorks?
To create a section view:
- In a part or assembly document, click Section View. …
- In the Section View PropertyManager, under Section Method, select one of the following: …
- In the Section View PropertyManager, under Section Option, select how the section offset is calculated: …
- Under Section 1, select a plane.
How do you change the scale of a drawing?
Task 1: Rescale a drawing, using the same unit
Start the scaling command with SC (or SCALE). Make a selection for the objects that need to be included in the scaling operation. Click in the drawing for the first point of the scaling base (base point). Type R to activate Reference scaling.
How do you change the scale on a title block in Solidworks?
To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following:
- In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale.
- Right-click the sheet and select Properties, then edit the values of Scale.
How do I reduce view boundaries in Solidworks?
Resize the drawing view boundary
- Click the view frame.
- Click one of the handles on the view boundary.
- Drag the handles along the x or y axis of the view. When the view boundary changes size, the view frame adjusts with the new boundary size.
How do you do scale models?
Scale the dimensions down to model size. This is accomplished by dividing the length by a consistent number. For example, achieving a model that is 1/30th the size of the original requires dividing all original measurements by 30.
How do you change the scale on a sheet?
In the worksheet, click File > Print. Under Settings, click Custom Scaling > Custom Scaling Options. Click Page and in the Adjust to box, choose a percentage by which you want to increase or decrease the font size. Review your changes in Print Preview and—if you want a different font size—repeat the steps.
How do I change the overall drafting standard in Solidworks?
You can specify an overall drafting standard that provides defaults for all detailing options.
To select an overall standard:
- Click Options (Standard toolbar).
- Select Drafting Standard from the Document Properties tab.
- Select an overall standard. You can also change, load, or save the overall drafting standard.
How do I create a half section view in SolidWorks?
To create a half section view:
- Open install_dir sampleswhatsnewdrawingssectionview3. slddrw.
- Click Section View. …
- In the Section View PropertyManager, click Half Section.
- In Half Section, click Topside Right .
- Move the pointer. …
- Drag the preview to the right and click to place the section view.
How do I create an offset section view in SolidWorks?
To insert an arc offset:
- On the Section View popup, click .
- Move the pointer. to the location of the first point of the arc and click. …
- Move the pointer to the location of the second point of the arc and click.
- Click. to close the Section View popup.
- Drag the preview to a location and click to place the section view.
How do you move a section view in SolidWorks?
Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view. Move the pointer over the boundary of a view to highlight the boundary, or select the view. When the move pointer. is displayed, drag the view to a new location.