Where is Edit feature in Solidworks?
Click Edit > Definition. Right-click a feature in the FeatureManager design tree or the graphics area and select Edit Feature from the context toolbar.
How do you edit in Solidworks?
Do one of the following:
- Click Sketch. on the Sketch toolbar, or click Insert > Sketch. Select an existing sketch to edit.
- Right-click a sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, or right-click a sketch entity in the graphics area, and select Edit Sketch.
What is a feature in Solidworks?
Features are the individual shapes that, when combined, make up the part. You can also add some types of features to assemblies. Features include multibody part capability. You can include separate extrude, revolve, loft, or sweep features, within the same part document.
Where is feature in Solidworks?
- Click Find/Modify Features. (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Find/Modify > Find/Modify Features. …
- Do one of the following: …
- Do one of the following: …
- Under Match, to search for suppressed features select Suppressed.
- Under Match, to search for unsuppressed features select Unsuppressed.
- Click Find Now.
Where is direct editing in Solidworks?
The Direct Editing toolbar, visible in Figure 1 below, can be enabled by right clicking an existing tab of the SOLIDWORKS command manager (such as the Features tab) and choosing “Direct Editing.”
How do you edit an extrusion in Solidworks?
If you enter the wrong distance to extrude to: and exit the boss-extrude dialog without correcting it, go to the design tree, right-click on the extrude name, and find the “edit feature” button in the box of options that appears above the mouse. The dialog will reopen and you can edit the properties of the extrude.
How do I edit an imported feature in SolidWorks?
Editing Imported Features
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the feature created from the imported document, and select Edit Feature. …
- In the Files of type list, select the desired format.
- Browse to select the desired file to import. …
- Select the Match faces and edges check box, if desired. …
- Click Open.
How do I edit a step file?
To edit a STEP, use Adobe Acrobat:
- Open Adobe Acrobat and your STEP file.
- Click the Edit tool in the right-hand panel.
- Use the editing tools to make your desired changes.
- Save your file.
How do you edit a fully defined sketch in SolidWorks?
Creating Fully Defined Sketches
- Edit a sketch.
- Click Fully Define Sketch. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Fully Define Sketch.
- Set the options for relations and dimensions in the Fully Define Sketch PropertyManager.
- Click .
How do you copy and paste features in SOLIDWORKS?
Copy and Paste on the same part
To copy the feature to the part, hold CTRL , and select the Cut Feature in the FeatureManager Design Tree. While holding CTRL and the left mouse button, drag and drop the feature in the desired location.
Where is the Features toolbar in SOLIDWORKS?
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
Which choice is an example of an applied feature in SOLIDWORKS?
Applied features such as chamfers, fillets, and shells are applied directly to the model.
What is feature work?
FeatureWorks is a SOLIDWORKS Standard, Professional and Premium add-on that allows engineers and designers to directly interact with and edit imported part data in a SOLIDWORKS part file. Imported models, or “dumb solids”, become useable parts within the SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD environment.
Where is feature works?
Click Insert > FeatureWorks and then click Recognize Features or Options. In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click an imported feature, click FeatureWorks, and click Recognize Features or Options.
How do I open a feature in SOLIDWORKS?
To set FeatureWorks to activate whenever you open SOLIDWORKS, click Tools > Add-Ins and select FeatureWorks under the Active Add-ins and Start-up columns.