How do you use draft command?
- Click the Draft Angle icon . …
- Check the Selection by neutral face option to determine the selection mode.
- Select the upper face as the neutral element. …
- The default angle value is 5. …
- Click Preview to see the draft to be created. …
- Click the More button to access additional options.
What is Draft command why it is used?
About the Draft Feature. The Draft feature adds a draft angle from -89.9° to +89.9° to individual surfaces or to a series of surfaces. You can draft only the surfaces that are formed by tabulated cylinders or planes. To access the Draft feature, click Model > Draft.
How do I draft a part in Solidworks?
Parting Line Draft
- Sketch the part to be drafted.
- Insert a split line curve, if desired.
- Click Draft on the Features toolbar or click Insert > Features > Draft.
- Under Type of Draft, select Parting Line. …
- Under Draft Angle, enter the Draft angle .
What is step draft?
A step draft is a variation of a parting line draft. The step draft creates one face rotated about the plane used as the Direction of Pull. This results in small faces, representing the steps (highlighted in blue in the example below).
How do you do a draft analysis in Solidworks?
To perform an analysis:
- Click Draft Analysis (Mold Tools toolbar) or View > Display > Draft Analysis. Set analysis parameters and color settings, and then click .
- Click View > Modify > Draft Analysis.
- Click Draft Analysis (View toolbar) or View > Display > Draft Analysis.
How do you change the draft angle in Solidworks?
Changing Draft Using DraftXpert
- In the DraftXpert PropertyManager, select the Change tab.
- Under Drafts to Change, select the draft items to modify for Faces to Draft . …
- Set a value for Draft Angle and click Change to modify the draft for the selected faces.
What is Draft command?
Add Draft command. Add Draft command. Adds a draft angle to one or more part faces. To construct a simple draft feature, you first define a draft plane, then select the faces you want to draft, and finally you define the draft angle and direction.
What is an example of a draft?
The definition of draft is something that is used for pulling, drawn from a cask or is in a rough form. An example of draft is a horse that pulls a beer truck. An example of draft is a beer on tap. An example of draft is a book without any corrections made.
What is called drafting?
drafting, also spelled draughting, also called engineering drawing, graphical representation of structures, machines, and their component parts that communicates the engineering intent of a technical design to the craftsman or worker who makes the product.
What is loft in Solidworks?
Loft creates a feature by making transitions between profiles. A loft can be a base, boss, cut, or surface. You create a loft using two or more profiles. Only the first, last, or first and last profiles can be points.
How do you draw in Solidworks?
Creating a New Drawing
(Standard toolbar) or File > New. In the New SOLIDWORKS Document dialog box, select Drawing , then click OK. Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK. In the Model View PropertyManager, select a model from Open documents or browse to a part or assembly file.
How do you use wrap command in Solidworks?
- Select the sketch you want to wrap from the FeatureManager design tree. …
- Click Wrap on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Features > Wrap.
- In the PropertyManager, under Wrap Type: …
- If you select Emboss or Deboss , you can select a line, linear edge, or plane to set a Pull Direction . …
- Click OK .
What is a draft angle in Solidworks?
Draft tapers faces using a specified angle to selected faces in the model. One application is to make a molded part easier to remove from the mold. You can insert a draft in an existing part or draft while extruding a feature. You can apply draft to solid or surface models.
What is neutral plane in Solidworks?
You can create a feature that tapers selected model faces by a specified angle, using a Neutral Plane to determine the direction of pull for creating molds. You can also use the DraftXpert to create, change, or remove neutral plane drafts.